UAV Forum in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys.
I am a relatively new Phantom Vision + owner.
I get a lot of useful info from this forum but there is a lot posted that may be confusing to UK enthusiasts like me. So we just started a new forum over here primarily for UK members but all are welcome.
I don't want to take anything away from Phantom Pilots Forum and will be staying around here as well to glean as much info as I possibly can.
There is stuff on the UK forum relating specifically to UK CAA rules and regulations.
If interested take a look and let me know what else you'd like to see.
It's kind of new so bear with me if you can.

Are you not reinventing the wheel? Did you try a google sezrch first to see if there are any? There is a clater of good multirotor forums here include some with Dji dedicated forums and CAA forums. I think we just dont need another one. Sorry

No. I didn't find any that were not filled with ads. None in the style that I found easy to navigate. Nothing.
First thing I did was Google but nothing on the first page. If it's not prominent it's not for me I'm afraid. Let's see how it goes. They cost nothing but time to set up and I have a little of that to spare so hey ho as they say in the flying field ( or is that tally-ho?)

I'll give it a go, thanks for the link ;)

Multi-rotors.co.uk has a dedicated subforum for BNUS/CAA discussion. Very few other topics are UK specific, just trying to be objective as a sysadmin. But hey if you got the time to invest...

I just tried that link but it's just going to an advertising holding page so not sure what's happened to the forum. I appreciate what you are saying though.

UAV Forum UK said:
I just tried that link but it's just going to an advertising holding page so not sure what's happened to the forum. I appreciate what you are saying though.
Most likely a temporary DNS issue, the domain is active and leased until 04-Sep-2015

EDIT: although, different site
http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/
(singular rotor) is working - but cant see that subforum.

The multi-rotor forum is not easy, imo, to find your way around and is confusing. We hope to build a much more user friendly experience here with easy access to UK issues. I myself will continue to use this and other forums but each to their own as they say

Thank you Phantom Pilots for allowing this post. UAV Forum UK is aimed at DJI Phantom enthusiasts in the UK so no real conflict.

UAV Forum UK said:
Thank you Phantom Pilots for allowing this post. UAV Forum UK is aimed at DJI Phantom enthusiasts in the UK so no real conflict.

That's a convenient perspective. You spammed this forum to advertise yours. And then you complain about the ads. One could only assume you mean your own.

Ian, you are being a bit harsh, my friend. The really serious spam on PP needs addressing.

This new Uk forum is quite refreshing IMHO. (For us gentle Brits!)

ianwood said:
UAV Forum UK said:

That's a convenient perspective. You spammed this forum to advertise yours. And then you complain about the ads. One could only assume you mean your own.

I joined this forum because I bought a quadcopter and wanted to find out as much as I could about it before flying it. It's not easy to find out much about the UK perspective although I don't doubt that plenty has been written over the years PP has been operating. So I started a UK forum. A lot on PP is aimed at US citizens and I personally find most of it quite interesting. However your FAA regulations are different to those of the UK, which is confusing, and I thought it important enough to warrant a separate forum. The UK forum won't have ads and some, like me, will find that a bonus. I'm sorry you view this as spam. Some may agree but most, so far, think it's a good idea and like me will visit both forums and probably a few more. So I don't really understand what your problem is. If someone comes onto my forum to advertise a German or Mexican forum for instance they will be most welcome. However spam won't be allowed.

Reactions: Winelad
I have no issue with your site. I have an issue with you promoting it here. It is inappropriate.

ianwood said:
I have no issue with your site. I have an issue with you promoting it here. It is inappropriate.

I'm not complaining about anything, merely pointing out that ads that point to American outlets are not really any use to people in the UK. I appreciate that they are a useful way of funding a forum like this though.

You don't say why it is inappropriate, just that you have an issue with it

ianwood said:

I think it's pretty appropriate since I would never have known about its existence otherwise. For anyone who doesn't live in the USA, it must be getting tiring reading through threads here which turn into discussions about the guns people own, off topic conversations about baseball teams, the new FAA regulations, meetups between members who live 8,000 miles away from us and so on. Now, that is inappropriate.

Thank you, 'UAV Forum UK.'

We had a visit from DJI admin today. They seem to be cool with a UK offshoot.

Thanks wattage, totally agree.

Well maybe I should create a Texas UAV & Gun forum. And possibly have a Bible thumpin forum as well.... LOL

I agree the context does get thrown off by where you are from, the ads as an example. Locations versus rules... I'd miss the UK, Scots and Irish interactions, typically civil and many times very funny sense of humor.

Personally, as a UK owner, I will stay with the main forum. After all a forum is only as good as the members and there are some pretty knowledgeable people on here.
Actually most of the advertisers on here ship worldwide, so not really an issue.
I am not sure I enjoy reading about Florida sun when it is cold and wet here though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj