UAS Registration from outside US

Reaction score
Hi guys – I live in Norway but is going to the States in a couple months. I therefore tried to register, but registration website doesn't allow access outside US. I have tried contacting UAS help - but to no prevail. Has anyone here, who's not a US resident and successful registering outside the US?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452296871.927484.jpg

Hi guys – I live in Norway but is going to the States in a couple months. I therefore tried to register, but registration website doesn't allow access outside US. I have tried contacting UAS help - but to no prevail. Has anyone here, who's not a US resident and successful registering outside the US?
You can't as you don't need to. You are not a US citizen or have a permanent residence here.

Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?
A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

Q28. Is there a citizenship requirement?
A. Only United States citizens can register their small UAS. The certificate serves as a certificate of ownership for non-citizens, not a registration certificate.

I have seen reference to using a paper system rather than online for foreign registrations - but I've never seen further details.
Perhaps you should just hold off and register online when you get there?

edit ..
Or maybe try this??
proxy-us.hide.me

You can't as you don't need to. You are not a US citizen or have a permanent residence here.
Sorry - but that is incorrect information: Q11 on UAS registration FAQ :

"Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the U.S."

Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?
A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

Q28. Is there a citizenship requirement?
A. Only United States citizens can register their small UAS. The certificate serves as a certificate of ownership for non-citizens, not a registration certificate.

I have seen reference to using a paper system rather than online for foreign registrations - but I've never seen further details.
Perhaps you should just hold off and register online when you get there?

Thanks - never got to Q28... Haha - sort of contradicting .. Wonder why? Anyway - I was trying to register so I would have number and marking settled before going..

Again - thanks for clarifying

T

Thanks - never got to Q28... Haha - sort of contradicting .. Wonder why? Anyway - I was trying to register so I would have number and marking settled before going..
I added a little extra idea on the end of my last post.
Not sure if it will work but I'd be interested to know

I added a little extra idea on the end of my last post.
Not sure if it will work but I'd be interested to know
Since I never got to the actual registration page – what information do you have to provide?

Had a friend in the US try to register me but obviously not for non-us citizen

Thanks plarobin (I'm on IOS) - Meta4 - thanks to you too proxy link works [emoji106]

View attachment 39868

Jeg hadde den med frem og tilbake i november. Ingen registrering - ingen sporsmal, men det var vel ikke lovlig da...

Jeg hadde den med frem og tilbake i november. Ingen registrering - ingen sporsmal, men det var vel ikke lovlig da...
New rules from from Dec 21st 2015!where in no way are you located? – I'm in Bergen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New rules from from Dec 21st 2015!where in no way are you located? – I'm in Bergen?
I live in Drammen. I am in the US quite often, so I guess I have to get my papers right then. I also eventually plan to apply for a commercial licence (in Norway).

"Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the U.S."

Then why is the FAA site blocked, when trying to register. I'm a US Citizen and live in Canada,but it will not let me reg. Have sent in 3 request and still NO answer????????????

Then why is the FAA site blocked, when trying to register. I'm a US Citizen and live in Canada,but it will not let me reg. Have sent in 3 request and still NO answer????????????
Because they have a general block on any foreign web addresses and can't distinguish a US citizen with a foreign web address.
But if you use the link in post #11 above you'll get through just fine.

I am a citizen....please read...

My reply was well before yours and a reply to TKofoed's post.

I've not looked into this matter much but it seems to me that the people running the registration website my be blocking IP addresses from other countries to prevent people who live in those countries from creating incorrect registrations. If this is the case it's obviously a big error on their part.

The easiest way around this would be to simply use the site if you are in the US and going to fly the drone. That way your IP address would allow you to register.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik