UAS Facility Maps and Restricted Special Use Airspace

Reaction score
I have a job coming up in Dyersburg, TN. If you pull up a sectional chart it is class E to ground right on the border of where I'm going to be. And if you pull up AirMap you'll see this strange, blockey looking blue overlay if you have the special use filter turned on. If you click on different blocks of the overlay there are different messages that accompany it showing at what altitude a part 107 operators can fly once approval is given (the FAA says it's there to help aid in speeding up waiver requests). This is further clarified here even though the sectional chart doesn't reflect this (yet?). Good to know they are working on it.

UAS Facility Maps

I have a job coming up in Dyersburg, TN. If you pull up a sectional chart it is class E to ground right on the border of where I'm going to be. And if you pull up AirMap you'll see this strange, blockey looking blue overlay if you have the special use filter turned on. If you click on different blocks of the overlay there are different messages that accompany it showing at what altitude a part 107 operators can fly once approval is given (the FAA says it's there to help aid in speeding up waiver requests). This is further clarified here even though the sectional chart doesn't reflect this (yet?). Good to know they are working on it.

UAS Facility Maps
Don't forget. The Surface E is only in effect when the FAA Chart Supplements say it is. GO to FAA.Gov and beat your way around until you get to the Chart Supplements, and look up Dryersburg, (DYR). When the Surface E is not in effect per the Supplement, then the airspace is uncontrolled G from the surface to 699 AGL, (bottom of E, which starts @ 700 AGL. If the non-effective hours work for you, and you can still satisfy the other requirements, (no Part 107 Night without Auth/Waiver), then you would be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: j.razz1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20