UAS Certification Part 107

Reaction score
Anybody go through the process to become certified to fly commercially?
Any tips?

Study hard! Hit the flight simulator in the DJI app to get stick time..A lot of free videos on YouTube. Search FAA 107. I started off with remotepilot101.com.
Fly safe[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If interested, you can find some FAA Part 107 study guides here.

Reactions: Wind electrician
Alan Perlman's UAV Coach Drone Ground School is what I used and just passed my Part 107 on the first time with a 93%.

I cannot recommend it highly enough!

FAA Drone Certification Test Prep | Drone Pilot Ground School

It will help you pass and is good for 5 years so you will be able to use it two more times. (You have to certify every 24 months)

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: richardseguro
Same here. Alan Perlmans UAV Coach. Studied about 5 hours total with the videos and lectures. Did 3 sample tests and passed with 88% first try. I had 63 questions in all.

UAV Coach hits the spot.

Also, take the Part 107 video and test in the FAA website (for thos witb Part 61 approved).

It helped a lot with the regulations, ADM and CRM sections.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same here. Alan Perlmans UAV Coach. Studied about 5 hours total with the videos and lectures. Did 3 sample tests and passed with 88% first try. I had 63 questions in all.

UAV Coach hits the spot.

Also, take the Part 107 video and test in the FAA website (for thos witb Part 61 approved).

It helped a lot with the regulations, ADM and CRM sections.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just passed my test on Friday and was able to score an 85% from watching quite a few free Youtube videos. I notice a lot of people had 63 questions...I only had 60. Now I'm waiting on IACRA to post my test.

Give this free practice test a try. It will show you the kind of material that is covered on the FAA exam. (It gives complete explanations of all wrong answers, too.)

FAA Part 107 Ground School

T Dunkin post: 1126522 said:
I just passed my test on Friday and was able to score an 85% from watching quite a few free Youtube videos. I notice a lot of people had 63 questions...I only had 60. Now I'm waiting on IACRA to post my test.
@T Dunkin, @richardseguro - The FAA test is 60 questions and test takers will be graded on the first 60 questions only. The extra questions that some folks like Richard encounter are questions the FAA is considering adding to the exam database. They are "testing the test questions" if you will, by exposing them to actual test takers. Based on the results, they then determine if the question is suitable for including in the pool of questions.

Anybody go through the process to become certified to fly commercially?
Any tips?
Purchase a copy of the FAA's section map for the area where you live/fly. Study it to the point where you believe there is nothing anyone could possibly ask you about that map that you cannot answer, especially and including air space limitations for the various types of airports on that map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31