U.S Repairs

Reaction score
Any of you US owners who are having issues w/your Phantoms and are unsure or don't have equipment to repair your Phantom - feel free to contact me (via PM)
Myself & a buddy (who works at local shop) have been doing alot of repairs of local Phantoms and thought - "why not offer it up to other U.S.Phantom owners" - We can fix about any Phantom issue (except camera issues w/Visions) We charge the cost of parts and a SMALL labor charge & you cover shipping both ways. We've had so many apart in the last month - we can have you back up & flying usually within the week depending on parts availabilty. Everything from replacing motors to replacement shells.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for any interested owners.

Looking for tilt servo motor for a Vision 2 camera. Need the small screw that goes into it as well, Do you have those parts?

Telechop said:
Looking for tilt servo motor for a Vision 2 camera. Need the small screw that goes into it as well, Do you have those parts?

As I stated we can do about everything except Vision Camera issues (currently parts are difficult to locate/order or Vision stuff) Let me check some sources for you...

EMC, I've toyed with the idea of offering the same service, there's just not a huge customer base in my area....yet. I'm curious to see how it works out for you, and I'll be happy to take any overflow business you get as long as they're willing to drive or ship to TN :cool:

OI Photography said:
EMC, I've toyed with the idea of offering the same service, there's just not a huge customer base in my area....yet. I'm curious to see how it works out for you, and I'll be happy to take any overflow business you get as long as they're willing to drive or ship to TN :cool:

Not a problem - currently had 6 on bench this AM - 5 for replacement motors and 1 for gimbal, IOSDmini and tx. (btw - Hobby Warehaouse here in Twin Cities has 130 IOSD minis in stock)

EMC, I was browsing for a solution to my drone problem when I came across this thread. I actually joined the site thinking I could send you a PM, but that feature wasn't immediately made available to me because I just joined... At any rate, I saw where you said you aren't able to make repairs on the camera, but you recently did work on a gimbal. I've got a torn ribbon cable that runs along the gimbal that I'm looking to get replaced. Not sure if that falls within the scope of your services, but if it does, please get in touch with me via this site and I'll send you my contact info. I can't create new private messages, but surely I can receive them! Thanks.

What model Phantom & type of gimbal? I've been doing a ton of P1 & P2 stuff. The visons and V+'s not so much - parts are few and most are getting warranteed.

Let me know which Phantom and model and I'll see what I can do for you.

EMC, My fault. I have the P2V+. I was thinking of the gimbal and camera as separate, but obviously on the P2V+, they are a single unit. So you've already answered my question. Thanks for entertaining my inquiry.

I've heard the horror stories about folks sending in units to DJI and waiting months for the repair to be complete, so I guess I'm getting desperate in my search for a better option. I suppose I'll be shipping it to DJI - they said I could keep the drone and just send in the gimbal/camera and the range extender.

In the mean time, I've ordered the Zenmuse H3-3D. I'm hoping my engineer friend can help me fit it in place of the V+. It looks like the wiring on the drone may be different from the standard P2. Does anyone know of any successful attempts to remove the V+ and replace it with the Zenmuse H3-3D?

Have you ever messed with the feiyu tech gimbal? Mine will only tilt fully up or down, the only way to stop it at center is to slide in the opposite direction while its tilting. And while flying if my p2 pitches up or down the gimbal tilts to full up or down by itself. I have calibrated everything a hundred times. Help please

shamp said:
Have you ever messed with the feiyu tech gimbal? Mine will only tilt fully up or down, the only way to stop it at center is to slide in the opposite direction while its tilting. And while flying if my p2 pitches up or down the gimbal tilts to full up or down by itself. I have calibrated everything a hundred times. Help please

Go into assistant software -> gimbal -> auto gain control -> Roll (F1) make sure NORM is selected, then go to -> Basic -> RC -> then calibrate X1 - SLOWLY. Try that. The movement by itself might require the PID gains set in the gimbal software -> http://www.basecamelectronics.com

shamp said:
Ok thanks I will try tonight after work. If this dosent work I may send u the dam thing to fix for me

Not a problem if I can help.

Hey EMC,

I am in Minnesota and need repairs on a Phantom 1, PM is disabled, Please let me know an alternate way to reach you.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers