Typical P2 Range with AVL58?

ajafar said:
TXhillcountryphantom said:
Mem-ny--I have very quickly gone down the same path you have from my. From my P2V in late November to my P2, AVL58w/cloverleaf antenna, mini IOSD, and 2.4G data link installed. I use the flysight black pearl 7" 5.8ghz sold by drone fly. Only a few flights so far on the P2 but I have gone farther in my P2 already. So far only the wind kept me from going further as I turned back in fear of not making it back into a strong wind. Turned around with 35% battery into a strong wind and landed with 5%. 1400M out and still had a strong enough video and IOSD display to be able to know I was flying back toward my home point. More specifics and real testing soon as my normally temperate weather returns from below freezing here in the Texas Hill Country!

I too have range rage and so next I will head to the San Antonio store for better antennas and maybe onto 1.2/1.3ghz transit and receive.

Then ground station will take us further!

Hi TXHillcountryphantom,

Question about your AVL58 transmitter and the Flightsight Black Pearl LCD screen with built in receiver. Did the channels on the your transmitter and receiver line up (channel 1 to channel 1). Perfectly. I'm having a heck of a time getting my AVL58 transmitter to work with my lilliput 664/w and have sent it back. Let me know if your transmitter/monitor works like it should. Thanks again!

Actually I think channel 1 on the AVL58 transmitter lined up to channel 8 band E on the diversity setting on the receiver/monitor. Not sure why, but as it worked perfectly I didn't bother looking into the non matching numbers...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic