Typical battery voltage?

Reaction score
Hello

Forgive me if this has been answered. I spent a few minutes searching but came up empty.

What is the typical battery voltage during flight and various stages?

I turned on the setting to display voltage under the percentage remaining on the main HUD. I noticed when throttling up the voltage would at times drop to RED and read about 3.5v.

I wasn't sure if red was as critical as it makes it looks. All I know is my heart skipped a beat and I brought it back.

The battery was around 50% at the time. I brought it back in, swapped batteries with a fully charged one and it seemed to stay green around 4.5 the whole flight.

The battery in question only has about 20 flights on it.

Not sure if it's an indication to a bad battery or simply something that is normal that I am just now noticing.

Thanks

I just checked a graph of a typical flight of mine regarding voltage during the flight.
At take off it was a nominal 11.95 VDC. At 3 min 11.5 VDC. During hard climb and lateral speed it dropped to 11.18 VDC. At 10 min 10.8 VDC. But under hard climb and lateral speed it dropped to 10.04 VDC. So it varies on hard you are flying. The final volts at the end of the flight (14 min mark), flying low and slow was 10.60 VDC. That is from my Flytrex data which is fairly accurate.

I looked over some other users uploads at healthy drones. It looks like Voltage does indeed drop as the battery drains (naturally) and that 3.5 isn't uncommon.

Healthy drones answered a lot of my questions. I may use that to do a battery health check to make sure I don't have a cell issue.

These batteries are less than a month old!

Hello

Forgive me if this has been answered. I spent a few minutes searching but came up empty.

What is the typical battery voltage during flight and various stages?

I turned on the setting to display voltage under the percentage remaining on the main HUD. I noticed when throttling up the voltage would at times drop to RED and read about 3.5v.

I wasn't sure if red was as critical as it makes it looks. All I know is my heart skipped a beat and I brought it back.

The battery was around 50% at the time. I brought it back in, swapped batteries with a fully charged one and it seemed to stay green around 4.5 the whole flight.

The battery in question only has about 20 flights on it.

Not sure if it's an indication to a bad battery or simply something that is normal that I am just now noticing.

Thanks
With 20 flights you probably should consider doing the recommended deep cycle to 8% to recalibrate the Smart Battery circuitry. Fly it down to 20%, put it on the bench, cooled down with the props off and let it run on idle down to 8%. Then recharge it.

Thanks for the tip.

Out of curiosity, where is this recommended? Is this in the manual and I missed it? (Quite possible)

Thanks for the tip.

Out of curiosity, where is this recommended? Is this in the manual and I missed it? (Quite possible)
I believe it is in the manual. There was also a Webinar by one of the Vendors that discussed the whole operation of deep cycling the batteries after about 20 flights.

I believe it is in the manual. There was also a Webinar by one of the Vendors that discussed the whole operation of deep cycling the batteries after about 20 flights.

Attachments

• Battery info.pdf
    162.8 KB · Views: 366

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj