TX won't connect, yellow blinking LED, solid red RX LED

Last edited:
I have pulled the material off the board in the top of the shell and everything looks fine without taking the screws off the board. I assume that's the GPS antenna. If its not plugged into the main board it won't start??

ok so I finally took the gps module off the top half and the piece is for cracked... would all this cause my fast yellow flashing lights?

Yes, have to find the diagram to which wire goes where to verify if they all went back properly. Thanks

ok so I finally took the gps module off the top half and the piece is for cracked... would all this cause my fast yellow flashing lights?

I did not understand your comment. Was the GPS antenna broken or not?? And according ot times that you posting which country do you live in??

I did not understand your comment. Was the GPS antenna broken or not?? And according ot times that you posting which country do you live in??

I'm in the United States.

Before when I said I didn't see anything broken on the GPS was when it was still screwed into the top half of the body. I've taken it out now and see what you are talking about with the ceramic being cracked..
11825810_10205009672814027_6052478951259673554_n.jpg

Would a broken GPS antenna cause the drone show this issue of ''transmitter signal lost'' and not want to start or respond to any input from the controller?

The receiver board looks fine on all sides .
11811575_10205009688854428_5406473156621424580_n.jpg

I'm in the United States.

Before when I said I didn't see anything broken on the GPS was when it was still screwed into the top half of the body. I've taken it out now and see what you are talking about with the ceramic being cracked..
11825810_10205009672814027_6052478951259673554_n.jpg

Would a broken GPS antenna cause the drone show this issue of ''transmitter signal lost'' and not want to start or respond to any input from the controller?

The receiver board looks fine on all sides .

Yes that antenna needs replacing and it will keep from receiving GPS satellite signals. You can order a replacement from the following for less than 10 dollars. The antenna has one solder point but is held to the board with double back tape.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GP.1575.25.4.A.02/931-1015-ND/2332642

Reactions: Mob 06
Yes that antenna needs replacing and it will keep from receiving GPS satellite signals. You can order a replacement from the following for less than 10 dollars. The antenna has one solder point but is held to the board with double back tape.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GP.1575.25.4.A.02/931-1015-ND/2332642

I get that it won't get GPS satellite signals without fixing it but with that also fix the problem I'm having with the ''transmitter signal lost'' error?

I guess what I'm saying is... I'm not getting a specific error concerning the GPS signal. The part is obviously broken but I would think that since its broken I would also be getting some error about no gps signal. where as I'm getting a transmitter error..

It doesn't look hard at all to replace the gps module. the part number you listed is 931-1015-ND. but I saw somewhere else that is was 931-1016-ND.. Is there a difference? is one better than the other?

I get that it won't get GPS satellite signals without fixing it but with that also fix the problem I'm having with the ''transmitter signal lost'' error?

First I would replace the GPS antenna. Next try rebinding the RC to the P2 by placing RC about three feet from the P2. To start off turn the P2 upside down and turn it on the LED should be red then turn on the RC if it's still red push it down while it's flashing and release if it's green your done. If that does not work and LED is still red I say you either have a damaged signal board or it's the Naza module.

How old is this P2 and where did you buy it??

Get the original antenna.

First I would replace the GPS antenna. Next try rebinding the RC to the P2 by placing RC about three feet from the P2. To start off turn the P2 upside down and turn it on the LED should be red then turn on the RC if it's still red push it down while it's flashing and release if it's green your done. If that does not work and LED is still red I say you either have a damaged signal board or it's the Naza module.

How old is this P2 and where did you buy it??

I've tried the rebinding process multiples times with no success.
I bought this late last month from Dronecamps.com

I guess i'll go ahead and replace the signal board. I'm just trying to avoid throwing parts at it.

Anything I can do to diagnose a bad Naza Module? I did the advanced IMU calibration and the gyro numbers and such all looked fine and the calibration was successful.

which gps antenna part number is correct? 931-1016-ND or 931-1015-ND

The 931-1015ND. At this point you do not have much of a choice you can either pack it up and send it back to Dronecampps and pay for parts and labor. But you will not find anyone in these forums that have right answer to which part has to be replace other then a broken GPS antenna.

931-1015-ND seems to be the upgraded 4mm antenna.. i'll probably go ahead and mod to to accept that thicker antenna. the 931-1016-ND is the 2mm antenna from what I can tell

My next step is to go ahead and order the receiver board.

931-1015-ND seems to be the upgraded 4mm antenna.. i'll probably go ahead and mod to to accept that thicker antenna. the 931-1016-ND is the 2mm antenna from what I can tell

My next step is to go ahead and order the receiver board.

Your correct it's 931-1016-ND

I went ahead and ordered both kinds. i'll try out the 4mm one first and keep the 2mm as a spare. Along with a new receiver module. It all that doesn't fix it then I guess it has to be the Naza itself. cause what else could I be??

I went ahead and ordered both kinds. i'll try out the 4mm one first and keep the 2mm as a spare. Along with a new receiver module. It all that doesn't fix it then I guess it has to be the Naza itself. cause what else could I be??

Did pull the any of the cables out of the naza module while taking the signal module out from under the mother board.

With the unit off I unplugged and reseated all the plugs in the Naza along with all the other plugs I saw.

In this photo take the top plug off so I can X1-X3 and sent another photo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers