TX won't connect, yellow blinking LED, solid red RX LED

Reaction score
Had a crash today and now I'm getting an error for the Transmitter signal being lost. It went into failsafe mode because the battery was low. On the way to land it hit a tree and fell to the ground.
Everything has the latest firmware. I've opened up the body of the P2 and everything looks fine. All the connectors look fine, no boards look cracked or broken. Antennas are attached to the receiver board. I've plugged the remote into the computer and confirmed the controls still work.

The LEDS are blinking yellow... The blink faster when I switch to Naza-M mode and slower in Phantom mode. The light on the RX binding button is solid red. If I press it then it will start to blink but it only blinds about 2 or 3 times then goes solid again. I cannot get it to see the transmitter. I've tried turning on the transmitter while pressing the bind button and still nothing. I've even tried going outside to the driveway to bind it thinking the wifi in the house may be causing problems. Still nothing

I've search multiple forums and haven't come upon anything that works..
Any idea?

Are using a cell or tablet as a monitor?

Did you plug in the assistant software to see if you are getting any errors?

Yes I've plugged it into the software. Bare with me as I'm new with this thing. I haven't exactly found where the error numbers are on the software. I do get a box that pops up on the right side of the screen telling me the TX calibration needs to be redone.. only because I clicked recalibrate and there was no controller connected..

Yes I've plugged it into the software. Bare with me as I'm new with this thing. I haven't exactly found where the error numbers are on the software. I do get a box that pops up on the right side of the screen telling me the TX calibration needs to be redone.. only because I clicked recalibrate and there was no controller connected..

From you description sound more like you have a P2 vision and not a P2 v2 non vision . The reason for saying this is that you will not see that kind of message on a video monitor but will on an app on your cell phone. So the big question is are you seeing this message on you cell phone???

Last edited:
I have the same problem with mine... No solution as of yet, but try another controller of the same type... If it persists, it's probably the receiver board on the drone itself... I've been to busy to try it out yet, but I'll keep you briefed...

I've got a regular P2. I've got the H3-3D attached to the bottom. Sorry if I'm giving some conflicting info

You said that you opened the shell to check for damage. Did you also check the GPS module in top shell? In fact did you remove the module to make sure the GPS antenna wasn't broken?

Even though the LEDS are flashing yellow have you tried to start the motors?

Next did you connect the P2 to the assistant software and preform an advanced IMU calibration after the crash. That calibration is very important and should be done on a level surface.

You said that you opened the shell to check for damage. Did you also check the GPS module in top shell? In fact did you remove the module to make sure the GPS antenna wasn't broken?

Even though the LEDS are flashing yellow have you tried to start the motors?

Next did you connect the P2 to the assistant software and preform an advanced IMU calibration after the crash. That calibration is very important and should be done on a level surface.

Pealed the thing off the top and checked the module and visually it looks fine. No cracks on the board or anything. I have not removed the board from the top half.

I have tried starting the motors but I get nothing. On the assistant software its like its in failsafe mode. Probably because it doesn't connect to a controller.

I already did the advanced IMU calibration as well.

Pealed the thing off the top and checked the module and visually it looks fine. No cracks on the board or anything. I have not removed the board from the top half.

I have tried starting the motors but I get nothing. On the assistant software its like its in failsafe mode. Probably because it doesn't connect to a controller.

I already did the advanced IMU calibration as well.

The antenna for the GPS is on the other side of the board so you would have to remove the 4 screws to check it. Those antennas are made of ceramic and can brake easily and replacements cost less then $10 dollars with shipping.

Another thing that will cause it from starting are the two information pin under the battery terminals those are spring loaded and have to make connect with the 2 copper pads on the battery. So check the battery terminal board carefully to make sure it's broken.

The last thing could be a damaged Naza module or the signal receiver board under neat the mother board. The binding LED under the P2 will turn red when the P2 is powered up and turn green when you turn on the RC unit. If the LED doesn't turn green there is a very good chance the board is damaged and the only way get to it is to remove everything. That means Mother board, ESC and motors and might have to unsolder the battery terminal power leads.

I'm waiting for my friend to come over after his holidays... If his remote works on mine, it's probably the remote or the firmware which they let us stupidly download (1.0.2.26) which was for the Inspire remote, if not, then probably the receiver board which I saw on YouTube with another person with the same problem... I'll keep you briefed...

Is there a way to test the receiver board to see if its bad or not?

Did you check the GPS as Jason suggested? If you want to fix your problem, he can help you.

Or, you can follow this other guy on his hijack.

On his highjack? Really?? Wow!! Try to help and this is what I'm dealing with?? Moderator, dump this doorknob!! No highjack here buddy!! You must be from the US cause Canadian's don't fly this way!! Just trying to help him with the same problem I'm having...

On his highjack? Really?? Wow!! Try to help and this is what I'm dealing with?? Moderator, dump this doorknob!! No highjack here buddy!! You must be from the US cause Canadian's don't fly this way!! Just trying to help him with the same problem I'm having...

Yes, hijack. No need to get your t-back in a knot, eh.

Start your own thread if you need help. It's hard enough to try to troubleshoot one problem much less two. He was asked very specific questions that didn't get answered. Then you jump in with your receiver board prognosis. Sorry, if I were the OP, I'd stick with Jason's analysis.

Ok there Tex... If you figure it out, I would be very grateful... Don't have to be a douchebag though... Always thought this was a friendly forum until I experienced you..

Ok another Canuck here however by reading what Jason has placed on the table. He sounds like a cool guy helping you out. If you have a buddy than why ask a question with a question......come on...I am sure you are a great flyer looking for more answers just like all of us. However here is something to ponder, each tx ,might be binded with a specific Rx, your friends might not work.....

Jason , mine is doing the same, got a new shell, transferred all items over, new battery, did IMU Cali, push button and yellow lights... Rx is red solid. Turn on tx and red led goes out....no start either ,Ok not good ,

Started software all good no errors, removed all connection to speed controllers from naza, turn on, shut down , plug SC back in, no go at start.

While yellow lights were flashing , check voltage at ground and pos , all good as per battery voltage and all the same.

Will it start with gps plug removed???
If gps is plugged in and defective would it still start at Least?

Ok another Canuck here however by reading what Jason has placed on the table. He sounds like a cool guy helping you out. If you have a buddy than why ask a question with a question......come on...I am sure you are a great flyer looking for more answers just like all of us. However here is something to ponder, each tx ,might be binded with a specific Rx, your friends might not work.....

Jason , mine is doing the same, got a new shell, transferred all items over, new battery, did IMU Cali, push button and yellow lights... Rx is red solid. Turn on tx and red led goes out....no start either ,Ok not good ,

Started software all good no errors, removed all connection to speed controllers from naza, turn on, shut down , plug SC back in, no go at start.

While yellow lights were flashing , check voltage at ground and pos , all good as per battery voltage and all the same.

Will it start with gps plug removed???
If gps is plugged in and defective would it still start at Least?

No. GPS must be plugged in order to spin the props.If that isn't the problem and still will start when changing shell did unplug any of the wires going into the Naza module?

Ok there Tex... If you figure it out, I would be very grateful... Don't have to be a douchebag though... Always thought this was a friendly forum until I experienced you..

Lighten up Francis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik