TX trim

Reaction score
I just received mine a few days and faced the compass messed up problems as others but got it fixed using the magnet as video #7 from DJI shows.
However, I am wondering if and how I can trim the TX since there are no trim levers on the TX?
Mine seems to drift backward all the time no matter what mode it's in.
If I have you use the software for this, can anyone explain how (to trim the TX only)?
Many thanks,

phatchantz said:
That ( no trims ) seems a bit stunned to me ( been flying helis for awhile, and never come across that ) - but maybe you can find something here -----

download list is only for Phantom

http://www.dji-innovations.com/products ... downloads/

(notes/manuals/drivers)

outside of that, your center of gravity might be the issue - good luck !

That download page offers no help in trimming. As for the CG, mine is stock so that shouldn't be the issue.
Thanks,
PS. Tx calibration didn't help either.

To see if the CG is the culprit, I insert a large battery pack (3000 mAh) and tape it down with the battery door ajar.
Hand lift test shows front heavy but when it lifts off the Phantom is perfectly level and again if keeps drifting "backward" slowly.
I assume that since the front heavy is counteract by the gyro so I may have to play around with the gyro gain in the IMU calibration.

Should not need trims, that is what the GPS is for, your gyros maybe out, mine are well out and cannot access the software at all, so mine is hopless.

Sorry to read of both your troubles, but makes me feel like I'm not alone. My Phantom flies perfectly, but only in GPS mode. I tried IOC and nearly lost it, but a quick flick back to GPS only restored my wandering Phantom.
I informed supplier, and was told that IOC is installed and activated, then watching a DLI Video about using IOC up comes a statement that IOC needs to be activated via software. Ha Ha Ha. Well longish story short, after failng to connect to Phantom and telling supplier, am told I should download driver again, and if possible another computer. Another LOL! Have downloaded many times, and tried on 5 working computers. All with same result, NO connection. Checked their supplied USB lead with other hardware no problem, so the trouble must be internal of the Phantom.
And now the supplier seems not able to answer any further emails. And they ARE supposedly the top rated suppliers.

And a 300 mile round trip to their premises seems a bit much, but to return by courier and then rely on an honest appraisal of the Phantoms condition does not fill me with confidence. :roll:

Yeah the Naza software seems to not work for some and work for others, it's crap and basically if you cannot use the software, any further problems cannot be fix, like a good crash and need to recalibrate your gyros, if you cannot do this, then your Phantom becomes a piece of junk.

They need to address this problem as the software and maybe related to the phantom. Seems hit and miss if you get the software going. Mind you have also read others with the Naza assist software have trouble getting the software going also.

Since it is so important, why don't the address the software connection problems.

tanasit said:
I just received mine a few days and faced the compass messed up problems as others but got it fixed using the magnet as video #7 from DJI shows.
However, I am wondering if and how I can trim the TX since there are no trim levers on the TX?
Mine seems to drift backward all the time no matter what mode it's in.
If I have you use the software for this, can anyone explain how (to trim the TX only)?
Many thanks,

I'm sure by now you have found a fix for this. If not, I was wondering if the "Transmitter Calibration" A5, page 7, of the Advanced Manual might be the fix.

I just came across how to trim the Phantom 3 drone. It's inside the setting on the app! When you go to the menu up in the upper right corner, click on that. Then go to the settings on the remote control. In there is the trim for the standard mode. Hope this helps you guys it's helped me thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik