TX Protocol

Reaction score
This was probably answered way back when. Long before I started dealing with DJI's, but I'd really like to know.

I've been around a while. There used to only be a handful of TX/RX protocols (JR, Futaba, Air-something, etc.). Often copied, but never really anything new and original.

Does anybody know for sure that the DJI (and Yuneec for that matter) protocols are proprietary? I'm sure they are because everybody would be flying JR or Futaba TX's if they weren't, but I'd love to hear the answers. I'm sure somebody's been down this road long before me. I'd just love to hear what they found.

Thanks. DJI Go! aside (obviously), you're saying that the TX/RX is proprietary I assume? I get you can't control the app and vice versa. I'm talking about pure binding and servo/esc control.

I'm saying you can only fly a P4 with a P4, P3A, P3P, or Inspire 1 remote controller. I'm not sure why other remote controllers cannot be used.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Th protocol for non-LB (LightBridge) is called DESST which is compatible with Futaba FASST.

A P2-NV operating on 2.4GHz can be bound with a Futaba FASST Tx.

One issue is that none of the other vendors produce 5.8GHz [carrier] freq. systems and another is the LB protocol.

I'm not familiar with the standard protocols, but the P4 uses encryption between the controller and the craft. Because of this, no other controllers can be used.

They improved the encryption in firmware v1.1.301 --> DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom Series This caused a lot of problems for people who updated the controller firmware first, because it made in incompatible with the craft. That made it impossible to update the craft via DJI Go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31