Tx not working After update

Reaction score
Hello! Got my phantom in yesterday and went for a small test run after work. Got back home and upgraded the Naza to 4.02. After this upgrade I have not been able to get my Tx to work. I have tried calibrating it, upgrading the firmware again, rebinding it (press switch in phantom until it blinks red then turn on the Tx). When the phantom turns on I get continuous yellow flashes. I have imported the parameters from the DJI website. Even went through this video to make sure I was doing some of these steps right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8

On the software assistant if I choose the D-BUS receiver I can see the calibrations on the screen move. But to my understanding this is a PPM receiver (Stock Phantom).

EDIT:
After some more reading I found this: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3454

last post states the following:
It is a bit frustrating. Two or three firmware upgrades ago the release notes mentioned that the D-Bus port now support S-Bus and PPM . It does not make the point that if your Phantom is the latest with the new receiver (with two antennas) the receiver type is now D-Bus, NOT PPM. We wasted hours over the weekend after a firmware upgrade to 4.02 with flashing yellow lights when the cure was a simple mouse click to the new receiver type

I am going to try this out and see what happens.

That's exactly what the deal is.

I just bought the latest model DJI Phantom a couple of weeks ago and have been rigging it with a Beholder lite Gimbal and Gopro 3 camera. I wanted to activate the manual pitch in the settings through the Assistant software. In order to do this it said I had to update my software version which I though would already be the latest, but updated it anyway. From there on, everything went downhill.I have lost all communication between TX and Rx and can't get it back no matter what I try.
The way to bind as stated in the Advanced Manual was through a reset button inside the transmitter but in the latest model, this button doesn't exist.
This was a fantastic quad to fly, being so stable and smooth, until this happened.
I could really do with some help or suggestions on this as I'm at a real loss as to how to fix this problem.
HELP!!!!

Wee Gordy said:
I just bought the latest model DJI Phantom a couple of weeks ago and have been rigging it with a Beholder lite Gimbal and Gopro 3 camera. I wanted to activate the manual pitch in the settings through the Assistant software. In order to do this it said I had to update my software version which I though would already be the latest, but updated it anyway. From there on, everything went downhill.I have lost all communication between TX and Rx and can't get it back no matter what I try.
The way to bind as stated in the Advanced Manual was through a reset button inside the transmitter but in the latest model, this button doesn't exist.
This was a fantastic quad to fly, being so stable and smooth, until this happened.
I could really do with some help or suggestions on this as I'm at a real loss as to how to fix this problem.
HELP!!!!

Gordy, the reset button to re-bind them is on the receiver board inside the phantom, not in the transmitter. On mine, it's mounted on the top of the receiver board, but I believe I've heard that some have the button on the bottom.

EDIT: Here's the reference article with pics: http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... d_Receiver

My mistake! Youre right! It is on the Phantoms board on the earlier models but it doesn't exist on the latest model which I have 2 of!
Thats what has me stumped!

I have the latest version 1.1.1 and the reset button is right there in plain sight in the upper right hand corner of the battery tray.
Not to beat a dead horse, but did you select D-BUS as receiver type from the software?

Well cczx14r, I think you may have solved my problems hopefully! I never even thought that the button would be on the bottom side of the circuit board. I will now see what I can do with this info! I'll revisit the software and check the D-Bus option as well

Thanks so much for all your help!

Regards

Wee Gordy

Thank you cczx14r!!!!!!
The reset button IS on the bottom side of the circuit board in the Phantom! Its at the front right hand side top of the battery compartment as you so stated! I would say that DJI put it there so you didn't have to take the top shell of to bind Tx and RX.
I have re-binded Tx and Rx and the transmitter WAS NOT on D-BUS as you suggested it may not be!
So I'm in business again! Thanks again cczx14r!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers