Tx Heat; P3 Lipos & cooling options

Reaction score
I am a sales rep.. out on the road most days. I have my new P3 in my trunk (in a travel case). The heat has been hitting 99-102F in Texas which means the interior is much hotter. I don't have the option to carry the quad case in to each of my 2-4 appointments, so not sure if A) how does heat effect the Quad's electronics? I'm tagging it along to shoot (free) pics for clients and prospects.

I bought a 12v car cooler off of Northern Tool, for the trunk, to store the lipo batteries for obvious reasons.. so my question is for the quad. Last night, after it was in the trunk for most of the day, the P3 would not calibrate for 3-4 attempts. After 30 minutes inside the house, when I went back out, it sync'd up and flew fine..... which is why I ask.

I am a sales rep.. out on the road most days. I have my new P3 in my trunk (in a travel case). The heat has been hitting 99-102F in Texas which means the interior is much hotter. I don't have the option to carry the quad case in to each of my 2-4 appointments, so not sure if A) how does heat effect the Quad's electronics? I'm tagging it along to shoot (free) pics for clients and prospects.

I bought a 12v car cooler off of Northern Tool, for the trunk, to store the lipo batteries for obvious reasons.. so my question is for the quad. Last night, after it was in the trunk for most of the day, the P3 would not calibrate for 3-4 attempts. After 30 minutes inside the house, when I went back out, it sync'd up and flew fine..... which is why I ask.
What kind of case is it stored in-- my case has a foam pocket and foam top which has to provide some heat insulation, but I don't know about the truck of a car. It has to get up to about 150 inside on a hot day--how hot does the phantom get in the case.-- I would do some testing. Heating up beyond the temperature that it heats when flying cannot be good on the electronics. Heating/cooling= expansion/contraction-- of components and solder joints. to what extent -- who knows?

I'll grab a thermometer and put one in the trunk and one in the bag (which has thick foam). The trunk probably doesn't get as hot as the car interior due to the sun beaming onto and through the glass. I fly giant scale RC airplanes. On weekends, they're in a trailer most of the day or out in the sun at the airfield. Haven't crashed one (for THAT reason) lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr