TX Charging Issue

Reaction score
I've just unboxed my P4 tonight and am having issues with the TX charging. It charged for perhaps an hour and now the charging indicator lights aren't on. I have to unplug the charger and plug back in which works for a moment, then the lights go out again.

Any thoughts? It's charged to around 65% at this point. I'm afraid to fly it as there may be something really wrong with it. Newest firmware updated on the drone and TX.

*update, first flight was fine no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The lights go out on the charger once the cycle is complete, mine takes an hour if that is any sort of comparison. If you saying that once you turn your controller on you are only seeing 65%, the four lights indicating 25% increments suggest it would be either 50% or 75%.

It was at ~75% a few minutes ago, plugged it in and the charging lights only stayed on for a moment. I'm wondering if it's still charging even though there are no indications. Should the lights continue to blink while the TX is off but charging?

**Update, it IS charging even though the indicator lights aren't flashing.

Last edited:
Yes they should and continue until 100% or thereabouts assuming that the controller is switched off. If your batteries are charging as per normal, it may be a controller battery issue.

Yes they should and continue until 100% or thereabouts assuming that the controller is switched off. If your batteries are charging as per normal, it may be a controller battery issue.

You mean if the drone batteries are charging normal? Is the TX battery replaceable?

Yep, are the batteries charging to full four bars before turning off.
From what I have read the Tx battery is not replaceable/obtainable other than sending it back to DJI.

Hmmm, I guess you could either leave the controller on overnight and see if you can run the battery down sufficiently to enable a full cycle charge and see how that goes or return it for a warranty exchange. I can easily cycle four batteries without having to put the Tx on charge, but if it is failing to get to a full charge now, you may have further charging issues.

Yes I'm doing all of the above steps and it won't charge correctly. Shipping this back to Amazon. Not a great first experience, hopefully my replacement will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik