Two stage slower yaw mod

Reaction score
I have tried and tested a few of the yaw mod's getting around and i thought i would post my results to help anyone else thinking of doing this.

Here are the three mods i tried (plus all the trial, error and testing in between) on my Phantom 2 V+ v3:
Trial and Error.jpg

First i balanced the resistance from the stock yaw stick using a 500Ohm Trimpot set @ 110Ohms:
Setting: Black ~ Yellow = Diff
Stock: 4.71 ~ 4.82 = 0.11 kOhms (110 ohms)
Trimpot: 4.82 ~ 4.82 = 0.00 kOhms (0 ohms)
If you do not balance these first then you will never get the next steps to balance properly.
The min's and max's will be different but as long as the values match when the yaw stick is centered it will be ok.

Bypass Toggle switch + Pot:
Pot.png Pot Inside Controller.jpg Controller Pot.jpg
This was what i wanted but i there is too much difference between gangs on pot causing yaw to sway one way or the other by about 20-100 points in the DJI calibration software.

Bypass Toggle switch + Trimpot set @ 15kOhm
Single Switch.png
This worked perfectly but i wanted more or less control of the yaw depending on what i was doing.

Bypass Toggle switch + Trimpot set @10kOhm + Second Toggle Switch + Trimpot set @12kOhm
Double Switch.png Double Switch Inside Controller.jpg Double Switch Controller.jpg
This way ended up being the best and not too complicated. Everything balanced perfectly thanks to the Trimpots and the two levels gave me the control i wanted. I opted to make switch one bypass switch two when off so if i have both switches on (slowest yaw) i only have to toggle switch one to regain full control when necessary.
Setting: Left Value ~ Right Value
No Switch: -1000 ~ 1000 = 100%
Switch 1: -289 ~ 289 = 29%
Switch 1+2: -145 ~ 145 = 14.6%

Big thanks to everyone who has already done similar mods for giving me ideas and information.

For more detailed info see this post: http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ete-walkthru-with-pictures.25402/#post-406706
and this post: http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ete-walkthru-with-pictures.25402/#post-406986

Good info, gives smoother video too.

that's great! 2 stage slow yaw control.
normal - slow - slower
I also did the slow yaw mod using multi turn pots. I put my slow yaw switch in the same place you did, trying to keep it looking symmetrical and semi professional. My only thing was now I needed another switch over the right stick to keep the TX looking symmetrical. I was considering doing this same mod to the roll stick, but decided against it. 2 stage slow yaw mod is the answer! Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl