Two small questions

Reaction score
The base of the battery compartment has a largish hole towards the front. Is this to ease removing the battery, or might it be ventilation? I don't want to cover it up with my (DIY) camera mount unless it's safe to do so.

On the main board is a socket marked Fan. Does anyone know what voltage this is and what current it might comfortably give? Is it a fixed voltage or linked to software and/or thermostat. I was wondering if I could drive a couple of LEDs from it.

Thanks,

Philip

Attachments

• Both.jpg
    Both.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 455
Better off just using the battery or power-in or distribution leads for this. There's a main connection on the PCB and one in each corner for the ESCs.

You can also find 5.5vdc on unsed pins of the Naza. Not recommended though as any mistake and you could damage the Naza.

The big hole is also a handy place to fit a flat blade screwdriver should your battery ever swell and you cant get it out the normal way, just watch the USB cable setup. :D

I'm using the 5.5v (5.2v reading) naza output to power the cam. This way I can remove the battery and steel backplate which make about 2/3 of the weight of the cam. Not very much but with a gimbal, FPV, and a heavier battery every gramm helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl