Two questions..

Reaction score
Seems like the remote for my P3A won't "show" full charge. Had it on the charger for a good while and the lights at the bottom were still chasing. Booted up the craft and remote and it showed full charge. Is this normal?

And..the remote won't update. I was using a reader they sent with the unit. My son is in IT and seems to think the reader is bad. Regardless, the remote refuses to update. It would just single beep then eventually turn off. I was apprehensive on removing the sd card or turning the remote off but, after 30 minutes, I decided it was safe. Tried again...same thing. Any clue why?

1. How long did you have the remote on charge?..They take along time to fully charge.

2.What version firmware is on the remote?...After 1.3 you have to update the RC via the DJI GO app......latest version is 1.5.70

It was on charge for at least an hour. But, like I said, when I booted up the system, the app said it was fully charged. I put the version on the DJI website (first in line at the top). Not sure of the version. I'm not at home right now. 1.6. something something..

The first charge took around 4 hours on mine.

Now I just top it up every few flights.

Wow..really? Ok..well I guess I have to be patient then!

RockyDog is correct. I just updated my new P3A last night and I could not do it via the sd card. Connect your phone to the controller, and open the dji Go app and update it that way.

Here's some great instructions for doing it.

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'll try again tonight! Thanks everyone!

What would happen if the quad was updated and controller wasn't? What problems do you think I'd notice? If any?

Yes, charging the remote took much longer than I expected, but eventually the lights turned off indicating that the charging was complete.

What would happen if the quad was updated and controller wasn't? What problems do you think I'd notice? If any?
When you turn everything on, the app will give you a notice if anything needs updating. Also, if you scroll to the "about" section of the app it tells you the version of everything installed.

Gonna try updating tonight via the app. See how that goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj