Two Phantom 3 Pros flying, one person loses video

Reaction score
This past weekend there were two of us flying Phantom 3 Pros. I have an IPAD Mini 2 and the other guy had an IPAD Air 2. Every time we stood within 6 feet of each other his video would cut out while mine remained steady. We tested it several times even after a reboot and new batteries with the same result. I doubt it was the IPAD causing the issue but that was the only thing different. We even alternated who would connect first to the Phantoms.

Are you guys holding hands?
Check the channels on both devices and make sure you aren't sharing channels.
Sounds like the signal just gets flooded when in close range and acts like a jammer. This is like when P2 users fly with Gopros and enable wifi. The wifi 2.4ghz on the wifi just floods the 2.4ghz controls and causes flyaways.

This was happening with my friend & I both flying our P3's until we read about changing the HD channels. Leave one of them on Auto and put one on Custom & choose a channel down the line from your friend's. For example if his is on 15 in Auto mode, look at 19 or 20- whichever have less signal interference (low or no peak in signal )
Not anywhere near my bird or I'd post photos- I'm sure someone here can- or has already.

We don't have this issue anymore when flying together as long as I remember to check...
I also did the "more channels back"'and now have 32 to choose from.

Reactions: MADrone
I've noticed similar things with other P3s and I1s. I've also flown with P2s and it seems similar. Basically range for any of the pilots seems to be reduced - I was down to 2000-4000' in a place where I should've been at 10000+. The most recent couple of times we had just 2 flying and as long as we didn't go too far it was pretty much ok. With 3 or 4 in the air it is worse. Then again, it's not all that smart I think. Maybe better to take turns ;)

We set our channels manually when flying multiples. I haven't done much with the automatic settings... didn't want to risk stomping on each other.

Reactions: bobmyers
I have already had the pleasure to meet, & have flown my Phantom 3 Pro' with a forum friend, who lives near me. He was also flying his Phantom 3 Advanced, in the next take off area of the ERCHA flying field.
We had no problem flying relatively close together, without any error or interference from each other's radios.
It was great seeing them both in the air together.
Flying alone is fun too, but it doesn't compare to flying with friends. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj