two P3's in the air, major signal issues

Where did you get that information from ?

There was a discussion a while back about a power value stored on a file on the internal SD card on the PCB.

This was heavily discussed by us in the P3 thread in RCG, DJI support them selves confirmed what i posted. every P3 that ships is identical, its on power up it decides its output based on GPS signal, that what we were told and have no reason to question this.

This was heavily discussed by us in the P3 thread in RCG, DJI support them selves confirmed what i posted. every P3 that ships is identical, its on power up it decides its output based on GPS signal, that what we were told and have no reason to question this.

Ok, good to know, there were lots of discussions here but no conclusions.

I've flown with an I1 and we had to stay at least 50 feet apart to have decent flight experiences. I've flown with a mix of other P3s and P2V+s and pretty much had the same problems. Max range was much less in presence of other Phantoms too. Disappointing.

Had the same thing happen today with a buddy turning his on while I was flying. My screen went blank and said signal lost but was still able to fly, when the video started coming back really choppy I seen his shoe from his p3 camera. He then turned it off and my signal came back clear

I was filming at an RC car race on the weekend (I was also taking part :) ) and whenever I flew within 2 metres of the AMB timing loop circuit I lost video instantly. I think any reasonably powerful transmission source operating on similar wavelengths has the capacity to disrupt FPV reception, especially if it's on line of sight.

The only way I could get my video back was by restarting my P3 and the app.

Ok this is definitely a problem now.

Went flying again last night with a friend. If one us is in the air and the other turn on, instant signal loss. At one point we were 100feet away from each other and still would go black.

This is highly frustrating since we have flown together before without issue.

We long distance fly so using manual channel is not an option. Auto is preferred so it can adjust on the fly. Think it's due to cutting the channels from 32 to 8

Ok this is definitely a problem now.

Went flying again last night with a friend. If one us is in the air and the other turn on, instant signal loss. At one point we were 100feet away from each other and still would go black.

This is highly frustrating since we have flown together before without issue.

We long distance fly so using manual channel is not an option. Auto is preferred so it can adjust on the fly. Think it's due to cutting the channels from 32 to 8
You both were on the same sub-band, did you try switching to manual and insuring you were on different sub-bands? I flew with a friend at the park and we had some issues with video until we went manual and picked different bands.

I flew my P3P with a PV2+ with no issues except the live video was a little choppy at times, did not bother to change the channel signal and left it on auto.

if i remember with Lightbridge the controls link is frequency hopping but the video feed link is not, when it fires up it scans the channels and chooses the best one based on interference for video, i believe it then sticks to it, its conceivable both units selected the same channel especially if you stared up apart and then you had issues,

id move over to manual channel selection,

i beleive this is why it has lower output in EC than FCC as its not fully spectrum hopping, control link is but video is not.

Control and video both use the same channel.

There is a pile of 2.4 GHz gear on this tower. I was able to fly 3.5 km out and had perfect signal both ways using auto.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436841159.236145.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj