Two P3P crashes in two days! Still flying (video)

Reaction score
After flying 14hrs with my P3P, two trees got the best of me! Complete pilot error. I feel like an idiot! I know better than this.

Crash #1, I had adjusted the braking to be more smooth.....not a smooth move. I have since adjusted it back.

Crash #2, I was filming at a cemetery and got too close to a tree when the RTH low battery warning sounded. I freaked thinking it was the 2nd warning and didn't cancel RTH before it ascended and hit branches. This was the worst crash. I watched it fall about 30' after hitting tree branches and expected camera & gimbal damage and pieces parts all over. However, with a little bit of JB Weld, it is back in the air. Unbelievably, everything works fine. Will probably get a new shell shortly when they become available. At $58, that's a no brainer compared to what DJI or some other repair house would charge. Interesting note: If it would have been the P2 design with the ESC's in the arm, I would NOT be flying. I guess it IS a good design change...at least it is in this instance.

Will probably get a new shell shortly when they become available. At $58, that's a no brainer compared to what DJI or some other repair house would charge.
Very true. You should know that opening your shell will void your warranty (or at least parts of it). If that is important to you, then you should have an authorized DJI dealer do the work for you.

Reactions: David777
Very true. You should know that opening your shell will void your warranty (or at least parts of it). If that is important to you, then you should have an authorized DJI dealer do the work for you.

So what warranty would remain after 2 crashes? LOL

Reactions: skyhighdiver
After flying 14hrs with my P3P, two trees got the best of me! Complete pilot error. I feel like an idiot! I know better than this.

Crash #1, I had adjusted the braking to be more smooth.....not a smooth move. I have since adjusted it back.

Crash #2, I was filming at a cemetery and got too close to a tree when the RTH low battery warning sounded. I freaked thinking it was the 2nd warning and didn't cancel RTH before it ascended and hit branches. This was the worst crash. I watched it fall about 30' after hitting tree branches and expected camera & gimbal damage and pieces parts all over. However, with a little bit of JB Weld, it is back in the air. Unbelievably, everything works fine. Will probably get a new shell shortly when they become available. At $58, that's a no brainer compared to what DJI or some other repair house would charge. Interesting note: If it would have been the P2 design with the ESC's in the arm, I would NOT be flying. I guess it IS a good design change...at least it is in this instance.

A little less FPV and a little more VLOS situational awareness will help.

I would change your name if i were you! :)
roflmao2.gif

DID YOU HAVE ANY CONTROLLER PROBLEMS CAUSING YOU TO CRASH
I CRASHED MINE TODAY AND IT WAS ALL MACHINE ERROR GOT TO THE
IF ANYONE HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE DRONE JUST TAKING OFF ON THEM LET ME KNOW

I would change your name if i were you! :)

His name is really cool. By the way, King Burger (piece of *****, for sure), Kingsman - the most stupid movie ever. King of the Sky... wow. It is like Lord of Drones (I ve seen one redneck using that name on DJI forum).

His name is really cool. By the way, King Burger (piece of *****, for sure), Kingsman - the most stupid movie ever. King of the Sky... wow. It is like Lord of Drones (I ve seen one redneck using that name on DJI forum).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're not old enough to remember the old TV show.

Just out of curiosity ... what made you film a cemetery? :) That would be last on my list of places to fly lol.

And FYI, it wasn't the RTH feature... I just think the P3 didn't want to be there and tried getting away ;) ... Ultimate fail..

Perhaps a few Ghosts in the Machine... ;-)

I don't fly in haunted houses either. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Just out of curiosity ... what made you film a cemetery? :) That would be last on my list of places to fly lol.

And FYI, it wasn't the RTH feature... I just think the P3 didn't want to be there and tried getting away ;) ... Ultimate fail..

LOL. Stock footage for sale. It wasn't just a cemetery but it was a veteran's cemetery. Maybe I need to perform an exorcism on my Phantom now.......lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj