Two days old crashed it.very bummed...

Reaction score
Showing my kids what not to do I shutoff the phantom at about 12 ft from the concrete. Battery and camera flew off. Upon inspection I thought all I did was rip the camera plug out of it socket so I ordered a new plug. I was installing the new camera wire and noticed the Compass wire has came off of the mother board. This is somthing I can't fix so I just emailed the support email on Dji website waiting for a reply. I hope I can send it back and they can repair it. It was a ******* mistake I made. We loved flying the drone and can't wait to get it fixed. I am active duty US Military living in Belgium so I'm sure it's going to be awhile.Lesson learned.

There are some good repair shops at the bottom of www.PhantomHelp.com. That might be an option if you don't want to wait forever for your bird to be repaired by DJI.

Greg first of all, thank you for your service, second, welcome to the forum. Yep, it probably
wasn't your finest move :shock: They do not bounce well at all :lol: hope you get it fixed quickly.

Upon further examination it's not the compass wire it's one of the small grey wires that go down the leg of the drone. There are two of them. But one is connected and the other one is not. Does anyone know what these wires are for?

I believe they are antennas.

How did you manage to shut it off while up 12 ft in the air? I have a P2 V2 and it cant be shut off mid air.

I was able to shut it off the same way you start it up. Toggle both to the inside corners at the same time and with my mouth open I watched it fall out of the sky and smash to the ground.

landwomble said:
They can all be shut off in air by executing a csc

If that's the case, then thank goodness it wasn't the best of my csc executions.

Gregg.blevins said:
Just ordered a new antenna. 30 bucks
Ouch! Bummer. I could have sold you one of my old ones cheaper.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very sorry that you had a mishap. Is it just a matter of soldering it back?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20