Twitching film issues

Reaction score
Hi all.
I know this topic has been brought up before but I was wondering if anyone is still having issues with the twitching effect in their recordings? I have had the consistent twitching going through my recordings and I can't seem to rid of this. Has anyone been able to do this? I'm thinking I may have a faulty unit. I have changed frame rates, resolutions and used nd filters. I have a SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro UHS-II microSDXC Memory Card (U3, Class 10) which is meant to be compatible with the 100mbits/4K@60 frames. All firmware is current.

Thanks

Describe "twitching". Is this during playback on your computer? Unless you have a really beefy machine, it will have a difficult time playing 4K video. This might be the problem.

I have checked on two late model Sony and Samsung 4K TVs with the same issue. The computer is a late 2016 iMac. Ah all I can really say is that the footage isn't smooth...basically jitters. It's as though frames are skipping. Hard to explain really. My internet connection is slow so a little hard to upload.

I just bought a P4P, but I haven't shot any 4K at 60fps yet. I will try it tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.

Are you using H.265 format? Are you shooting in .mov? You may have to recode your files to something your machine can work with like ProRes. Is it skipping in an editing program or just trying to play it on your computer? 4K @ 60 is very taxing I'm sure. But guys are doing it for sure.

Okay cool thanks droneexchange.
I'm using H264 and .mov . Seems to skip on everything including 4K TVs. Seem to be the actual recorded data as the issue is still present after edits in final cut. I am an amateur at this so I'm hoping it's maybe some settings in need to tinker with. Doesn't seem to change with the settings I have played with though. Is there a way to test a memory card to ensure it's recording at its potential rate?

Okay cool thanks droneexchange.
I'm using H264 and .mov . Seems to skip on everything including 4K TVs. Seem to be the actual recorded data as the issue is still present after edits in final cut. I am an amateur at this so I'm hoping it's maybe some settings in need to tinker with. Doesn't seem to change with the settings I have played with though. Is there a way to test a memory card to ensure it's recording at its potential rate?
That card your using should get the job done. I would try some footage shot at 30fps and just see if it plays better for you. My Best Buy gaming machine that I've had for 5 months plays my footage straight out of my bird very smooth. I mainly shoot at 30fps however as I am not slowing much down. Or maybe even try lowering your res a little bit as well. And if your trying to play on a TV you may want to try .mp4 instead of .mov too. Just throwing stuff at ya man.

Yeah thanks man. I have tried, 60, 30 and 24 frames, it's actually a lot worse at 24 frames. I'll try some more 1080 at different frame rates and see what happens.

Can you upload a sample video to YouTube so we can see exactly what you mean?

I concur with dronexchange's first reply, you need a compatible computer to playback 4k. My home base PC plays 4k without issue but my work laptop doesn't have enough memory or a decent graphics card. My only solution was to back off the resolution to 1080. Looks great now.

Sorry have been a bit busy. I haven't had a chance to take more footage as it's been raining all week here. Ahh that footage Is similar but my twitching isn't as extreme. That footage appears to be gimbal shake though, is that correct? I don't think my issue is from gimbal shake...but I could be wrong.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this. I just shot some footage with my P4P at 4K/60fps and the video was perfect. I did transfer the file to my PC hard drive, which I would always recommend, before playing it. Did you ever determine what the problem was?

Hi, sorry I've been the same. I just shot some 4K at 30 and it appears to be better. I went through a gimbal calibration and played with a couple of settings. I'd say it must have just needed the calibration. Will try and post some footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1