Tv shows using drones

Reaction score
Not certain how many people pay attention to tv shows to see which may use drones or show pictures of the cast with drones. Below is a list of ones that I noticed:

Myth Busters... Both Adam and Jamie have Inspire 1's.
Gold Rush...Todd Hoffman's son, Hunter, has an inspire 1...was used in one of the episodes to view a valley in the mountains.
Gold Rush...film crew has been using drones for 3 years (seasons).
This Old House...newest season has a drone being used to show the location of where the new house will be built.
Deadliest Catch...when showing sleeping cabins for Time Bandit. Jonathan Hillstrand had a Phantom 3 with blade guards on his bed.
Scorpion...had a drone being used by team Scorpion in one episode.
NCIS LA...Nell Jones had a drone she used but it was only in their office at the very end of one show...Eric crashed it into the ground.
CSI:Cyber...at the end of one of the episodes....they had a Phantom look alike fly in. Ted Danson's character was using tablet to control it before it had a fly away.

Those are just a few the I remember.

Has anyone else noticed shows that used drones?

Reactions: gringorio
Many of the reality shows do.
Mountain men
Yukon Trappers
Yukon Men
Life Below Zero
Yukon Gold
Survivorman
The Boonies
even Finding Bigfoot uses them filming.

When seeing these types of shows showing clips from 'drones' I've often wondered if they have their 333 exemption and all the other current crap required by the FAA to fly a sUAV for commercial purposes. Who checks them?

When seeing these types of shows showing clips from 'drones' I've often wondered if they have their 333 exemption and all the other current crap required by the FAA to fly a sUAV for commercial purposes. Who checks them?
I've had the same thoughts.

Last look there's ~2000 333 holders.

So why is it so surprising to see drones used professionally?

The industry is highly regulated mainly for insurance purposes so there's lots of folks overlooking their operations.

I was watching this old house this mourning and on an aerial shot you can see drone in lower left hand corner. Looks like a phantom

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge uses them throughout 95% of the show

Also Moonshiners and Outsiders for mountain footage...

I hope your not admitting to watching these night time soap operas:D

Outsiders is the only thing that fills that Sons of Anarchy sized void since the show died.

Would be rather difficult to say those "were all shot from helicopters".

Hell of a lot of news coverage is shot with quads in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

And quite often with Phantoms! It even appears on the BBC News 24 trailers!

Attachments

• phantom2.jpg
    phantom2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 360
I hope your not admitting to watching these night time soap operas:D

Not much clean stuff to watch otherwise. Lol

Outsiders is the only thing that fills that Sons of Anarchy sized void since the show died.

I have my own Harley so never was interested in SOA.

Almost all significant shows are using drones. They are all under 333 closed set MPTOM rules. I am currently on the set of such a show as I write this. The smaller reality programs shot by independent production companies are the ones who run and gun with drones without 333 exemptions and most of them are going legit.

I have seen drones being flown in the new series "Colony". As well in some you might not expect to see them, or their aerial footage.
Lots of scenes on "Alaska The Last Frontier", even Ancient Aliens on History channel has plenty of awesome aerial views.
Also all of the 3 "Million Dollar Listings" series have used them a lot to show off real-estate. One of my favorite tv shows uses them extensively. "Treehouse Masters". ;-)
They are fast becoming mainstream tools.

RedHotPoker

Netflix has a new, pretty brutal, series by Marvel called Punisher that has drones in several episodes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik