Turnkey solution to convert P2 live view (GoPro & ZenMuse H3-3D)

Depends on the model of GoPro you have but the Hero 3 and 3+ and I assume the 4 all do this.

Here is a video showing the steps on a Hero3+ but it is basically the same for the Hero3...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a Hero 3+ Black. I'll check it out, thanks.

Wouldn't you still need an additional servo to take the picture when flying?
Nothing extra is needed to accomplish this. If you set the camera as in the video above it will film video and at the same time take timed interval photos all at once.

SO... I've searched this a million times all over the web, and can't find a clear and concise solution.

If I could rewind a year, I'd have held off buying the Phantom 2 and waited to buy a Phantom 3. Having a GoPro on the Phantom is cool, but the Wifi interference caused flyaways (w/ return home being a lifesaver), so I'm 100% flying in the blind, and not able to take any still photos.

I desperately want to retrofit my current system (Phantom 2 - GoPro Hero 3+ Black - ZenMuse H3-3D), and make it so I can:
1) see a live stream (either on a monitor or iPhone/iPad)
2) control the GoPro (hit record, switch to take still photos)

I don't know how to solder, and would prefer something that I can buy and just plug'n'play. I've taken the Phantom 2 apart before (cracked the shell), so I'm ok "getting in there", but don't want to go crazy. Hell, I'd pay someone to do it if that service was available!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
john

GoPro with video plus stills

I'm pretty sure I'm going with that black pearl setup, the one WITHOUT soldering

Matthew

If you are going to get the Black Pearl setup, make sure you get the 7 channel version. It's a good idea to read the tips in the FPV section of this forum, in particular, make sure you never power up the transmitter on the Phantom without an aerial attached or you will burn out the transmitter completely.
I can vouch for the Black Pearl setup, it works extremely well.

SO... I've searched this a million times all over the web, and can't find a clear and concise solution.

If I could rewind a year, I'd have held off buying the Phantom 2 and waited to buy a Phantom 3. Having a GoPro on the Phantom is cool, but the Wifi interference caused flyaways (w/ return home being a lifesaver), so I'm 100% flying in the blind, and not able to take any still photos.

I desperately want to retrofit my current system (Phantom 2 - GoPro Hero 3+ Black - ZenMuse H3-3D), and make it so I can:

I don't know how to solder, and would prefer something that I can buy and just plug'n'play. I've taken the Phantom 2 apart before (cracked the shell), so I'm ok "getting in there", but don't want to go crazy. Hell, I'd pay someone to do it if that service was available!

Thanks!
john

Buy a Yuneec q500+ these you can turn video of and on also take still pictures; you also don't have to buy a separate I pad like the phantom 3 ; the q500+ has a built in video.

Thanks!
john
Just curious as to what you mean by this? Are you referring to the GoPro's wifi? And if so, why would you have it on, you would soon be out of range if using the app anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers