Turning slowly again

Reaction score
I flew my p4p which I've had no technical problems with about 1000 feet out and about 360 feet up. I planted it in the sky, and I noticed it is slowly turning. I lowered it and it's not even noticeable by the human eye, but when you are high up, it's noticeable. Is the gimble just panning around? Any way to stop this? Thanks.

I flew my p4p which I've had no technical problems with about 1000 feet out and about 360 feet up. I planted it in the sky, and I noticed it is slowly turning. I lowered it and it's not even noticeable by the human eye, but when you are high up, it's noticeable. Is the gimble just panning around? Any way to stop this? Thanks.
HI all you sensors reading OK,,is it getting worse,,I remember last post on this:)

If your fingers are no where near the RC controls when this happens and its not blowing a gale, maybe look at an RC calibration.

If your fingers are no where near the RC controls when this happens and its not blowing a gale, maybe look at an RC calibration.
Thing is, I just calibrated it the flight before, and imu calibrated it a day ago.

It's just frustrating because this is not a common issue, and dji support will be no help at all.

Not any noticeable movement. Should I calibrate my controller just in case?
Yip I would do the lot...bit tricky this one ...I have to go have a study,,,maybe got a unbalanced prop somewhere...:),,I go have a read

I just did one and I'll try it tomorrow. Although, all the sticks were on 0. Not sure if that still doesn't mean it's not properly calibrated?
Yip if calibration was wrong it tell you so must be OK,,,sticks not on 0 could be causing slight turning..stick calibration should fix,,,,,fingers crossed,,,,,,,,check your left and right steering while just hovering....:)good luck

Reactions: PhantomEvan
I just did one and I'll try it tomorrow. Although, all the sticks were on 0. Not sure if that still doesn't mean it's not properly calibrated?
If the calibration went fine, as @ianzone suggested, hover it at say 20 mtrs up and away from you and check that. My P4 moves very slightly in a breeze but it's almost imperceptible and not an issue for me given the rest of the technology available. Spinning around madly is another problem though.

If the calibration went fine, as @ianzone suggested, hover it at say 20 mtrs up and away from you and check that. My P4 moves very slightly in a breeze but it's almost imperceptible and not an issue for me given the rest of the technology available. Spinning around madly is another problem though.
Well it doesn't spin madly. What happens is, I plant it in the sky, and it will stay there but if you watch the edge of the screen it is turning very slightly. Only noticeable by looking in the corners of the screen.

Well it doesn't spin madly. What happens is, I plant it in the sky, and it will stay there but if you watch the edge of the screen it is turning very slightly. Only noticeable by looking in the corners of the screen.
Hmm, if it was me and you are confident with your calibrations, I would probably not bother with chasing this down. If you have a good satellite count and your fingers are no where near the controls and the controls themselves are not sticking at all and are self centering, you may have to live with it.

Hmm, if it was me and you are confident with your calibrations, I would probably not bother with chasing this down. If you have a good satellite count and your fingers are no where near the controls and the controls themselves are not sticking at all and are self centering, you may have to live with it.
Could be my props come to think of it. I'm gonna try changing them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan