turning on IOC

Reaction score
Iam using naza assistant 2.16 my current firmware right out of the box is 3.14. Is there anyway of getting around updating the firmware to 3.16 . All I want to do is activate the IOC but it wont let me do it without the firmware update. My Phantom flies great no problems at all but I would like to have HL and CL working. Thanks

You can't do it unless your assistant software is older than 2.16. But having gone through all of the issues with 3.16 I have managed to get them all sorted so my advice would be to upgrade. If you have any issues I'd be happy to help out as I spent a couple of days getting my Phantom straight again after upgrading to 3.16. I'd only had my Phantom a week and this was my first upgrade so I made every mistake there was to make but I have figured them all out and now my Phantom is great again.

Upgrading to 3.16 I would do it as follows -

Download and install the DJI drivers

Download and install the current assistant software

Download the default parameters file < THIS IS IMPORTANT

Connect your Phantom - Don't worry if you get the compass and Tx calibration warnings we will sort those in a min. If you get the compass error note that the software disables the IOC because without a compass it can't work. We will correct this in a min.

Upgrade the firmware in your Phantom to 3.16

Power your Phantom off and then back on again ignoring the error messages

Go to advanced in your software and import the default config file (this will fix the Tx not connecting as the software defaults to D-Sub Tx's without the config file and gets set back to the stock Tx PPM once the file is loaded).

Do an advanced calibration on the IMU if you get the MC warning error you can power down for 10 mins and try again if this doesn't work keep clicking retry and it will calibrate eventually (30-50 retries for me).

Go outside and calibrate your compass.

Connect your Phantom back into your PC then go to the IOC settings and make sure the box and the top is checked or you won't have any IOC. (This happens because the compass lost calibration and without a compass the IOC can't work).

You can calibrate your Tx if you want but it shouldn't really be required but it's easy enough.

Test fly your Phantom if you find lift-off is sluggish in GPS mode just connect it back to your PC and increase the vertical gain. mine's now at 125% and lift-off is good again but I might just up it a little more.

Brian

Thanks UTR on the tip on take off gain. I'll give that a try, mines a bit slow on takeoff.

Hello UTR, I had already found the 2.14 assistant and used it to turn on the IOC and set the second ATT. position to failsafe, like a go home switch ( hope that wasn't a mistake) I haven't tried them out yet. But with your very helpful information I might go ahead and install the update. What does the new firmware update do for it ? Thanks again for the information when I do update it I will feel more confident with your very helpful information

Hello!, I got a big unestability after the upgrade ; as if the gyroscope is not working. I followed all the recalibration steps but maybe the compass is not done. Can someone help me ?
Which are the normal values? or top ones. I mean, Mod = 1400 is normal or aceptable?
How to calibrate the compass? Can this be the reason of the unestability ?

Thanks!

Download the default parameters file < THIS IS IMPORTANT.

I never did this and my Phantom is flying great. What exactly was the problem with not downloading the default parameters? My take off is sluggish but I assumed it was because of the ARRIS CM2000 v4 gimbal I'm now hawling around. Before and after I did my upgrade I copied and re-checked my initial settings with my settings after the update. Everything was the same. Thoughts??

rampage42 said:
Thanks UTR on the tip on take off gain. I'll give that a try, mines a bit slow on takeoff.
Mine also is slow at take off, so change to 125 will help on vertical?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj