Turning Off VPS On Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Is there still no option to turn off VPS on the Phantom 4?

I like being able to fly low by the water, but I don't trust the P4 with VPS enabled.

If you turn off obstacle avoidance will that turn off VPS?

Reactions: lonjsnyder
So far only OA. I don't need to use it so I turn it off. If it is a problem I just fly in atti mode. Hehe! Please do not try this at home unskilled pilots! NO! Just kidding!:cool:

Last edited:
So Far So Good! No issues here.
Well I have heard people say that they're fine even with VPS enabled. But it's still risky.

So it would be good if we could make absolutely sure that turning off OA also turns off VPS.

There is no way to turn off VPS. If you fly in ATTI mode, the VPS data will not be used to correct the Phantom's altitude. That's the closest you're going to get to turning off VPS right now.

What about the strategy of putting tape over the sensors? Are there any risks in doing that?

What a pathetic design flaw on the part of DJI. This really needs to be brought to their attention again.

Not possible ?
Sorry that word is one I don't use very often, why would you say that ?

We could turn it off in the Phantom 3 Pro, from last I remember, so why not the Phantom 4 ?

These DJI engineering guys are no fools, Im sure if there is a demand ...

There is no way to turn off VPS. If you fly in ATTI mode, the VPS data will not be used to correct the Phantom's altitude. That's the closest you're going to get to turning off VPS right now.
So if your flying in Atti mode over water will you not get the funny characteristics that you get when in P mode? Like a little bit of yoyo or even some bank commands here and there on its own? I had that some tonight over water when i got down to 5 or 6ft. And it was kinda hit and miss too. Thx for all your help msinger!

So if your flying in Atti mode over water will you not get the funny characteristics that you get when in P mode?
VPS is not used to correct the altitude when flying in ATTI mode. So, none of the usual oddities caused by VPS not being able to see the ground should occur.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Buy litchi, turn off VPS, problem solved. Plus it has many other great features.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic