Turn off Raw?

Reaction score
There is a thread here about the big delay taking raw pictures. I don't take many pics mostly video, but I did take a couple of JPG pics and the big delay was still there. Looking at the video card, there were both JPG and RAW versions. Is there any way to turn off the RAW and get rid of that blasted delay? I don't use RAW.
If not, there is another update that should be done.

Just go into your app settings, you are taking pics as raw files. When you see raw, click on it and change it to jpeg. Learn about your phantom, its more exciting that way.

Elwood58 said:
Raw gives you Raw plus a JPEG. JPEG only gives you JPEG. You will still notice some latency on the animated shutter.
I only have two to pick from RAW or JPEG. There is no JPEG only on my screen. When in RAW I get RAW. When in JPEG I get both.
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Just go into your app settings, you are taking pics as raw files. When you see raw, click on it and change it to jpeg. Learn about your phantom, its more exciting that way.
As stated above, I only have two to choose from. No JPEG only.

Unless your app is different from everyone elses you can select either Raw or JPG.
If you choose Raw - you get a DNG and a JPG copy of the photo.
If you select JPG - you get JPG only. (Just like Elwood said above)
JPG is JPG only

Meta4 said:
Unless your app is different from everyone elses you can select either Raw or JPG.
If you choose Raw - you get a DNG and a JPG copy of the photo.
If you select JPG - you get JPG only. (Just like Elwood said above)
JPG is JPG only
....And today it worked just like you stated. Only guess I have is when I changed the RAW to JPEG I must have bumped it back to RAW to have received the two versions. Thinking is was in JPEG. The stupid shutter delay is a little less in J, but still should be less, much less.

i don't think the delay is in actually taking the picture, it just takes time to write the image to the card. but loosing FPV for the 3-5 seconds it takes seems like an eternity with 'it's broke' running in the back of your mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers