tuning the controls

Reaction score
I have a stock Phantom 2 with H3 3D gimbal, etc.

I am looking for tips on fine tuning the controller settings. Especially the 'rotation' control. Seems that when I push the joy stick left or right to turn the Phantom 2, it barely moves at first but as I push further, it suddenly rotates fast which ruins my shot. I can't discern which of the various adjustments available would address this.

Can I get some info on which adjustments control which controls?
How much adjustment should I make at a time so I don't overdo it?
Any other suggestions for fine tuning the controller?

Thanks

When you say rotation you mean YAW???
There is no software adjustments you can make to slow the rate yaw.
There is however a YAW mod switch you make. Cost about $10 and you will need some soldering skills. This essentially adds a slow "gear" in the stick by using 5 or 10 ohm resistors.
I cant youtube at work - but youtube "DJI Phantom Yaw Mod switch". Make sure you ad an adjustable potentiometer to correct any imbalances.

Here's two videos for slow yaw.

Doesn't make any difference if it's a P2 or P2 vision.

in my DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software, there is a YAW adjustment. It is currently set to 100%

Whether I am describing yaw or not? I'm not sure.
Left joystick, pushing it left/right rotates the craft. Fore and back on this joystick controls climb/descent

just saw the video and it looks like I am indeed talking yaw. But I'm not doing that sort of modification.

in my DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software, there is a YAW adjustment. It is currently set to 100%

Whether I am describing yaw or not? I'm not sure.
Left joystick, pushing it left/right rotates the craft. Fore and back on this joystick controls climb/descent

just saw the video and it looks like I am indeed talking yaw. But I'm not doing that sort of modification.

If you refering to the yaw gains percentages that isn't going to do what you and I would suggest you set it back to default.

Here are photos of my yaw mod.
IMG_1547.jpg IMG_1548.jpg

I saw your photos. Nicely done. But I'm not going there, thanks.

So what is the Yaw 100% setting for? The instructions seem to say you can adjust for what I am describing.

I saw your photos. Nicely done. But I'm not going there, thanks.

So what is the Yaw 100% setting for? The instructions seem to say you can adjust for what I am describing.
Gain settings is for flight behaviour. They should be left at default. Changing these settings are only required your bird isn't "reacting" correctly.

Well, to me, it isn't reacting 'correctly'. But I guess there are different kinds of "correct"?
You just need more stick time . It takes practice to stay consistent when Yawing around and all the changing in the
settings not gonna help that .It is hard at first but you will get it .:)

Point here is we've given good advice if you do not what we have to offer so be it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4