tuesday

Reaction score
tuesday i will have a phantom 3 profesional.
is there anything special i need to know about this phantom?

Congrats and welcome aboard!
-
Download the entire owner's manual and really study the darn thing like you had an exam in a week! I put mine in page protectors w/ a three ringed binder.
-
Make a decision about downloading, Y/N ,the latest firmware. Study this site too to help you make that decision.
-
As a starter, fly only in wide open spaces!!!
-
Up, up, and Away, (below 400') ...
-
grrquadman
David

Reactions: Dimas82
Congrats and welcome aboard!
-
Download the entire owner's manual and really study the darn thing like you had an exam in a week! I put mine in page protectors w/ a three ringed binder.
-
Make a decision about downloading, Y/N ,the latest firmware. Study this site too to help you make that decision.
-
As a starter, fly only in wide open spaces!!!
-
Up, up, and Away, (below 400') ...
-
grrquadman
David
Good advice, I would add watch as many how-to youtube videos, plus the DJI ones on their website. Fly in beginner mode for a while, get used to her, let her get used to you.

Here are some things to get you started:

1) Download, read, and fully understand everything in the Phantom manual.
2) Read the Phantom Help Guide.
3) Watch these videos.
4) Check that you have the proper device to run the DJI Pilot app.
5) Properly tweak your Android device or your Apple device so it runs as efficiently as possible.
6) Get a short Lightening cable if you're using an Apple device.
7) Get a memory card reader for installing firmware updates and transferring photos/videos.
8) Don't update your firmware if you have version 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 installed.
9) Do the calibrations in step #6 here before flying the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: fly_it and Tricky
I received mine while I was out of town (sent it to my parents house). So I was home for a day, didn't even open the box, I'm back on the road.

I did open the Blade Nano and Hubsan X4 and played with those a little. I was flying them around in my living room. Very fun. Can't wait to get my P3 rockin and Rollin.

I was flying them around in my living room
Ah, and there is my missing item...

10) Don't attempt to fly your Phantom in your living room :)

My order shipped from san diego on friday...got to Newark saturday, where it seemingly will languish until delivery date of wednesday...why couldnt they just deliver it "early" as opposed to letting it collect dust just so it is delivered as paid for...ridiculous

My order shipped from san diego on friday...got to Newark saturday, where it seemingly will languish until delivery date of wednesday...why couldnt they just deliver it "early" as opposed to letting it collect dust just so it is delivered as paid for...ridiculous
sounds about right

Ah, and there is my missing item...

10) Don't attempt to fly your Phantom in your living room :)
Seriously, listen to msinger. Solid and sound advice. You will make mistakes, but just use common sense. Don't put others in jeopardy and have fun. If you post something like a picture over people, because you are new and didn't know better at the time, you will be promptly ridiculed and receive a good finger wagging from the sky police who troll this forum. Don't get discouraged and just learn from your trials and errors. There is a lot of really good advice here from people like msinger and many others. Unfortunately there are also a fair share of know it alls. Filter through it. Good luck and have fun.

3) Watch these videos.
5) Properly tweak your Android device or your Apple device so it runs as efficiently as possible.
7) Get a memory card reader for installing firmware updates and transferring photos/videos.
repeat steps 1-3 until your eyes hurt, then do it again

Reactions: AirApparent

Do I need a reader if I have an SD card adapter? what is the difference?

so I am going to ignore all the alerts and hold firm my ground...should it arrive with 1.1.9...

very informative thread, thank you again!

Seriously, listen to msinger. Solid and sound advice. You will make mistakes, but just use common sense. Don't put others in jeopardy and have fun. If you post something like a picture over people, because you are new and didn't know better at the time, you will be promptly ridiculed and receive a good finger wagging from the sky police who troll this forum. Don't get discouraged and just learn from your trials and errors. There is a lot of really good advice here from people like msinger and many others. Unfortunately there are also a fair share of know it alls. Filter through it. Good luck and have fun.
"a good finger wagging from the sky police who troll this forum"
Translation- anyone who disagrees with me is a troll...:confused:

See Luis. Now that's pretty **** funny. No personal attacks. I'm not mad at you man. Something to be said for wit, and I can appreciate anyone with enough smarts to get it. Be well.
Shouldn't you be doing your homework?:D

3) Watch these videos.
i have a samsung tab s 8.4

i picked it up this morning.
chargeing batterys.
let the fun begin.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic