Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tucson FPV?

Discussion in 'Southwest USA' started by gringorio, Mar 23, 2015.

1. gringorio

Anyone in Tucson flying their Phantom FPV? I have a background in R/C slope and thermal sailplanes and just last year started flying my Phantom FPV. I'm looking to meet other Phantom pilots in the area on a regular basis to practice flying and share info and tips on gear and techniques. Anyone out there?

Greg

2. Glyph

Greg - I too fly a PV2+ out of Tucson. I have about 20 hours flying/filming and so far have avoided all crashes. No prior R/C. Bought a complete kit, and constantly adding to it (iPad mount, lens duck bill, magnetic storms...) Always learning from others who have paid a price to gain experience and let me profit from that.
    Glyph

3. MarioL

Tucson here as well. But I am between units as mine went into a tree (user error) and am awaiting my new P3Pro

4. Guaymasjim

Tucson/Guaymas here. Also interested in meeting fellow 4 winged nuts.

5. HP Entertainment

Hi everyone, I am flying a P3P. Looking for other Tucsonians to learn and practice with as well!

6. Discoverydave

Will be in Tucson for winter starting October 18th. Looking for a store/repair shop to purchase and install equipment for a groundstation.

7. RocketBrew

I am a new P3P owner in Marana.

Has anyone tried flying at any of the R/C club sites in the Tucson area? Reading posts here it seems some are more friendly to UAV's than others.

In particular I am planning to head out to TIMPA in the Picture Rocks area, as that is where I launched rockets with the SARA group.

8. PJ Orlando

I haven't but let me know what you encounter. I've thought about looking into RC clubs but haven't had the chance yet.

9. Discoverydave

If anyone is interested how about meeting somewhere for breakfast to discuss flying, where to fly and to set up some times to fly. If interested email me at retired.dnr @gmail.com

10. KC4E

I am in Tucson on the north east side. I have a P3A and would love to find some people to fly with. I think it would be fun to fly fro a look out on mt. lemmon. I just flew around A mountain. I also flew in the open pit in Bisbee. I would like to try that again too. not sure how to make this link work. you may have to copy and past.

11. Discoverydave

I am up for some flying and there are 4 other guys in our rv park that fly too. We are all active so shoot us a time and a place and I will see if any of us can make it.
    Was the copper pit still being worked? Where did you fly at A Mountain?

12. RocketBrew

13. Discoverydave

Can not have radio transmitters passed mile 5. Ask if okay to fly at pull outs below that. I am in Oregon so can't go.