Tucker Carlson and fake news

Did you read the text?

Tobby

Today, Tucker Carlson of Fox News says drones are a problem in the US. That's hobby drones, not the military versions. His bit was full of inaccurate statements that we have come to expect from the media.

Tucker Carlson: Aren’t Drones Flying over Your Private Property Orwellian?

What FOX "News" says - like what T***P says - is not necessarily untrue - it's that what they say has no relationship to the truth. Everything is politically calibrated in two ways - 1) To serve the network's owners political objectives, and 2) Play to the existing prejudices of the audience, which averages over 70 years of age. Whether what they say is true or not is irrelevant to them. My guess is he's playing to the paranoid types who see danger in all the wrong things - and the ones who are shooting done drones.

It is also not true that it okay to hover 6 feet on a persons property and use the drone for spying on them. There are plenty of reasons why this kind of activity wouldn't fly with law enforcement, i.e., nuisance laws. They just give a super bad expression of drone pilots.

It is also not true that it okay to hover 6 feet on a persons property and use the drone for spying on them. There are plenty of reasons why this kind of activity wouldn't fly with law enforcement, i.e., nuisance laws. They just give a super bad expression of drone pilots.
Exactly. That kind of behavior is already covered by existing laws.

What FOX "News" says - like what T***P says - is not necessarily untrue - it's that what they say has no relationship to the truth. Everything is politically calibrated in two ways - 1) To serve the network's owners political objectives, and 2) Play to the existing prejudices of the audience, which averages over 70 years of age. Whether what they say is true or not is irrelevant to them. My guess is he's playing to the paranoid types who see danger in all the wrong things - and the ones who are shooting done drones.

Not.

Reactions: rebelyellNC
I am not a fan of over-sensationalized editorial/opinion television such as Tucker Carlson, but instead of perpetuating uninformed commentary maybe people should be looking at how to educate these folks since they clearly have a large audience.

In total viewers, the Top 5 cable news shows of 1Q17: FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor (3.982M), Tucker Carlson Tonight (3.272M), The Five (3.031M), Special Report with Bret Baier (2.953M) and Hannity (2.871M).

Among adults 25-54, the Top 5 cable news show of 1Q17: The O’Reilly Factor (728K); Tucker Carlson Tonight (689K); Hannity (668K); The First 100 Days (540K), and Special Report with Bret Baier (533K).​

I am not a fan of over-sensationalized editorial/opinion television such as Tucker Carlson, but instead of perpetuating uninformed commentary maybe people should be looking at how to educate these folks since they clearly have a large audience.

In total viewers, the Top 5 cable news shows of 1Q17: FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor (3.982M), Tucker Carlson Tonight (3.272M), The Five (3.031M), Special Report with Bret Baier (2.953M) and Hannity (2.871M).

Among adults 25-54, the Top 5 cable news show of 1Q17: The O’Reilly Factor (728K); Tucker Carlson Tonight (689K); Hannity (668K); The First 100 Days (540K), and Special Report with Bret Baier (533K).​
The funny thing is that a 4M audience is considered such a big deal in a country of 318 million. I think their influence is overrated.

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
The funny thing is that a 4M audience is considered such a big deal in a country of 318 million. I think their influence is overrated.

So please tell us how you get your news, Rachel Maddow? Chris Mathews? Steven Colbert?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20