tsa for a commercial license? ?

Does anyone know if a convicted felon can get a commercial license? ?
Or do we assume that all felons are terrorist? ?
Again.. if so, do you think they will try to get a TSA..
I capatalized the tsa so that one guy will understand. .
drone = terriosm. . God bless the USA.. praise jesus....

Nobody is going to get a tsa nor a TSA.
The TSA is an entity, not a certification.
I believe you are asking if they (potential commercial drone pilots) are going apply for TSA pre-check clearance?
And can a convicted felon pass a TSA pre check? Yes and no, depends on the felony you were convicted of:
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/eligibi ... quirements

turbodronepilot said:
Ya that's right smart guy... anyone who is following this topic should know what I'm talking about...

Yeah, we all do. Just trying to prevent you from looking like a fool if you ask that question of another group.

You're welcome.

This is exactly why people don't post their opinion on the forums because of people like you who want to correct them and put them down..I called you smart guy..that's not an insult.. then instead of making a positive response you had to go there..
this topic was designed to make you mad.. you should be ..but not at me..
unfortunately I don't have the ability at this time to post the video that goes along with my statements ..
the blow hards name is cris gihger.. he's on you tube. .

OK, now that that is settled.

agree-to-disagree-smiley-emoticon.gif

Back on topic please.

So, if I've been checked and printed to get my CWP I should be good to go. :lol:

Hi,

If it's like the TSA regulations that I was subject to, it will involve a criminal background check.

It will have the same effect as gun laws...........none.

msinger said:
What is a tsa?

Thank you for asking as I didn't have a clue! Kinda sounded like an airline to me. :)

I haven't read past your post, so I'll guess. TSA = Transportation Safety Agency. But, do I need to develop one. The heck with no night flying! That is going to be a huge part of my UFO plan! :)

turbodronepilot said:
Some of you get it and some dont.. intelligence comes in different forms..don't judge someone on their grammar.. I suggest you look for the message in the post ,not how it was presented. ..I'm no dummy. . And I know bs when i hear it.. no matter how it's presented. ..also I wish I was more tech savvy because I would post the video. .. was hoping someone else would....

I don't think anyone meant to put you down. There was just some confusion as to what you meant. We are all friends here!

:) :)

Thanks ..PF..
it concerns me that people are so quick to jump to conclusions. .
unfortunately i dont think the smart people on this site are getting my point. .
I can agree to disagree ..
the whole point of this post was to point out that our government links the use of drones to terriosm and that they are using this as propaganda ..
and how completely absurd it is to require a TSA background check- screening to obtain a commercial drone license. .
Thats all.. the calling Americans dumb was to piss you off and see how you would react ..
this guy probably would have liked to blow me up for saying that.. like any good American ..
a typical key board tuff guy...

turbodronepilot said:
Thanks ..PF..
it concerns me that people are so quick to jump to conclusions. .
unfortunately i dont think the smart people on this site are getting my point. .
I can agree to disagree ..
the whole point of this post was to point out that our government links the use of drones to terriosm and that they are using this as propaganda ..
and how completely absurd it is to require a TSA background check- screening to obtain a commercial drone license. .
Thats all.. the calling Americans dumb was to piss you off and see how you would react ..
this guy probably would have liked to blow me up for saying that.. like any good American ..
a typical key board tuff guy...

As I said before, all pilot applicants are reviewed by the TSA.
On January 24, 2003, without prior public notice or comment, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) published " direct final rules" mandating the FAA to immediately suspend, revoke, or refuse to issue a pilot certificate to anyone the TSA determines poses a threat to transportation security.

According to both agencies, these rules were promulgated under the authority Congress provided in the Aviation Transportation Security Act of 2001(ATSA), which directed TSA and the FAA to "make modifications in the system for issuing airman certificates related to combating acts of terrorism." On January 23rd, the FAA issued its final rule, Ineligibility for an Airman Certificate Based on Security Grounds, and the TSA issued direct final rules, Threat Assessments Regarding Alien Holders of, and Applicants for, FAA Certificates and Threat Assessments Regarding Citizens of the United States Who Hold or Apply for FAA Certificates. These rules became effective on January 24, 2003.

The NPRM says
The method of submission of the application is discussed further in section III.E.5.i of this preamble. The FAA notes that, as discussed in that section, all applicants for an airman certificate will be vetted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) pursuant to 49 U.S.C. 46111 to determine whether they pose a security threat. An applicant will not be issued an unmanned aircraft operator certificate until the TSA determines that the applicant will not pose a security threat.

There is nothing new here. No conspiracy to link personal drones to terrorism.

Hi steve ..
That's not the information I'm referring to.. it's the blow hard on my local news network spreading fear and propaganda while promoting himself. ..he's the one who said the government is requiring a TSA screening for a commercial license to keep tabs on potential terrorist. .
I was hoping you would view it and chime in,but I get the feeling you didn't see the news clip that I'm talking about..

turbodronepilot said:
Hi steve ..
That's not the information I'm referring to.. it's the blow hard on my local news network spreading fear and propaganda while promoting himself. ..he's the one who said the government is requiring a TSA screening for a commercial license to keep tabs on potential terrorist. .
I was hoping you would view it and chime in,but I get the feeling you didn't see the news clip that I'm talking about..
No, I did not.

But.

I was wrong!

Yes, the TSA does get your ID for vetting when you apply for any airman's license, but - with apologies to the OP - only the commercial drone pilot (Small UAS Certificate) is required to pay for the vetting and wait up to eight weeks for the TSA vetting to finish before receiving the certificate.

I have been reading more about this proposal in the NPRM and I will be commenting against this injustice. I just need to simmer down before writing my reply.

Here's my draft on this section of the NPRM requiring TSA vetting:
"This is in fact an overreach and an undue burden on small commercial UAS operators. Why should a small UAS operator wait weeks for a certificate to operate a small UAS aircraft for commercial purposes while waiting for TSA vetting when a hobbyist can operate the same aircraft immediately upon purchase. Who in the world thinks that someone who might not be acceptable to the TSA would even bother to apply for a commercial sUAV operator’s certificate? This defies common sense. This period could be reduced to zero by permitting the FAA-approved knowledge testing centers to issue a temporary certificate upon passing the knowledge test. If the TSA has a problem with the applicant then the FAA can take a certificate action as needed. Since the number of unacceptable applicants will likely be extremely low, it is an unfair burden to make all applicants pay for and wait weeks for vetting. The logic of this is surely baffling."

In the next section on identification, the FAA is saying that the knowledge test centers are not able to verify the applicant's identity. Again, my draft response:
"Why would the FAA-approved knowledge testing centers be any less capable of verifying an applicant’s identity than an individual CFI? How difficult would it be to add this responsibility to the FAA-approved knowledge testing centers procedures? You trust the testing centers to maintain the integrity of the written test, but not with identification of the applicant? This is an insult to the test centers."

As I said, I need to calm down before writing my final response.

Thanks steve for giving this topic the atention it demands. .
also I made a mistake. .the blow hards name is cris geiger..he's the first tool on the you tube page..
easy enough to find now guys...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl