tsa for a commercial license? ?

Reaction score
Hey operators. .. so the faa is going to require a tsa for a commercial operators license? ?
In a post from rcgoups.com a guy was on th e news talking about the new faa laws regrading drones..they mentioned that the reason why the want operators to get a tsa was to prevent terrorist from using a drone .. this is an example of how dumb most Americans are.. like the terrorists are going to get a commercial license for terriosm. .really?? ..haha..good one...
I don't agree with the ban of night flights. .not that I fly much at night,but sometimes when there's a full moon or a weekend night I like to fly...
los..they're afraid drones will collide in mid air if you can't see your drone..more bs..
I saw a video of a inspire hitting a phantom (think it was a phantom ) so it's obvious that you can crash even when in los...there probably should be restrictions on where you could fly blos..but I don't see a problem flying blos on my friends 2000 acre ranch...

What is a tsa?

Sounds like a lot of work :D

You probably didn't get any comments because you failed to link to the post you're referring to. Nobody wants to search for it.

And, calling most Americans stupid is just childish...

Reactions: kevinm
turbodronepilot said:
the reason why the want operators to get a tsa was to prevent terrorist from using a drone .. this is an example of how dumb most Americans are.. like the terrorists are going to get a commercial license for terriosm. .really??
Is that just for professional terrorists?
Would amateur terrorists be OK without the TSA check?

dirkclod, right, I know what the TSA is. The OP said you need to get "a tsa" though.

msinger said:
dirkclod, right, I know what the TSA is. The OP said you need to get "a tsa" though.
:oops: Sorry ,misread your guestion

All pilots get a TSA screening. Ever since 9/11 when it was revealed that some of the hijackers learned to fly at a Florida airport.

SteveMann, interesting. But, what does that have to do with the OP's question?

The OP is saying that commercial UAV pilots need to get a clean TSA screening, basically a background check on you. It is kind of like the licensing of hand guns in NY, you need a background check & a permit, cause we all know a criminal would never use an unregistered hand gun. The same way a terrorist would never fly a death drone without proper licensing & clearance. :roll:

msinger said:

The only question in the OP was "so the faa is going to require a tsa for a commercial operators license?"

Just more $$$ to the government. Majority of people can pass a tsa screening.... I believe it's $80, plus you got to go to a place to get fingerprinted, then a few weeks you get a letter. Might be different but for sure you have to pay up

who said:
Just more $$$ to the government. Majority of people can pass a tsa screening.... I believe it's $80, plus you got to go to a place to get fingerprinted, then a few weeks you get a letter. Might be different but for sure you have to pay up

A TSA is several thousand dollars cheaper than a pilot's license, so I'm not complaining.

SteveMann said:
msinger said:

The only question in the OP was "so the faa is going to require a tsa for a commercial operators license?"
I guess if we weren't just a bunch of stupid Americans, we'd probably be able to decrypt that mess of sentence fragments :cool:

Reactions: Sagebrush
Some of you get it and some dont.. intelligence comes in different forms..don't judge someone on their grammar.. I suggest you look for the message in the post ,not how it was presented. ..I'm no dummy. . And I know bs when i hear it.. no matter how it's presented. ..also I wish I was more tech savvy because I would post the video. .. was hoping someone else would....

Outside of spending the money it's no big deal to get TSA checked...

In 30 years I've put on over 5Mill air miles of travel. Since 9/11 when the TSA was born and security changed at the airports.

What I envision lis linked with the pre check approval as they call it. Four years ago the TSA came up with a "pre check" service for frequent fliers where they will run the background check on you, fingerprint, photo you and interview you to be accepted, and send $100. Once accepted you move through expedited lanes, no shoes off, no PC out etc... They qualified you as being a low risk. Also has the advantage of kiosk check in/ out at immigrations where the 1 hr wait is eliminated. You have to have a passport and cannot be a convicted felon.

If this is what is needed for an "operators" license I personally have no worries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik