TS832+Blackpearl : 10m useful range....

Reaction score
Guys, I'm kinda worried. I'm not getting more than a few meters of useful range with a FS832+Blackpearl in urban environment.
I'm on a stock setup, standard antennas (I'm in Colombia, fancy stuff like antennas are hard to come by), channel 32.
Clear picture standing next to the copter, degrades rapidly to nothing within a few meters.
PAL-PAL, frequency match, diversity mode on the monitor.
What am I missing ?

Hey Matt, that is certainly cause for concern. I have the BP 32 Diversity monitor and Flysight TX5804 400mw vTx, and I'm getting 800+ meters before any snow at all, and that's with stock antennas on the bird and one side of the BP. The other side has a 10db high gain panel antenna. While I'm not familiar with the FS832, it does sound like you've already progressed in troubleshooting the most common problems. I guess the next step would be to contact the sellers of the FS832 and the BP to see if they can provide any support.

Sure hope you get it fixed. Please keep us posted...

Have you got the TX/Black Pearl on the same channel?

I'm not sure what channel the FS832 transmits on by default but it's worth checking if you haven't already.

Also, have you checked your antennas are matched for RP-SMA and SMA. Take a look at the pins and make sure male matches female or the other way around.

Guys,

Thanks for your quick replies ! I will be checking all this stuff out today.
I have matched the freq between Rx and Tx, both are in Pal mode, and the Blackpearl is in Diveristy mode. I have moved the Tx to the rear of the craft with the antenna sticking out. I will look at the antennas and try to get a high gain antenna next week. It's definately an improvement over what I had first but still nowhere near anything acceptable....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers