Trying to update P3A, what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my new P3A yesterday late in the afternoon, this morning I hooked up the ipad air and tryed to update the P3A and controller, doesn't seem to be working. Still no connection between ipad air and the controller/bird. What am I doing wrong?

Did you check the result file to see what happened?

Controller... save just the firmware bin file on a thumbdrive. Controller off and plug the drive into the USB port. Turn the controller on and wait for the beeping to change. Turn the controller off and remove the drive. Plug it into a computer and check the result file to see if it worked.

Same with the P3 but instead of a thumbdrive, use the SD card.

Hi all,

Got my new P3A yesterday late in the afternoon, this morning I hooked up the ipad air and tryed to update the P3A and controller, doesn't seem to be working. Still no connection between ipad air and the controller/bird. What am I doing wrong?

It reads as if you are trying to do it through the ipad but I am assuming that you have unzipped the file onto the the SD card. Put the SD in the Phantom then turn it on whilst the remote is switched off. As it is up dating it beeps D-D-D-D when it has finished it goes D-DD. Switch off phantom and connect the controller to it using the mini USB, make sure you plug it into the gumball and not the port on the front of the phantom. Once connected switch on Phantom and then the controller, wait 60 seconds and it should start to beep and the status light on the controller will go blue, when it has finished it will go green.

To check it has worked take out the SD card and put it into your PC when you open up the driver there should be some Text files, when opened they say "success".

It reads as if you are trying to do it through the ipad but I am assuming that you have unzipped the file onto the the SD card. Put the SD in the Phantom then turn it on whilst the remote is switched off. As it is up dating it beeps D-D-D-D when it has finished it goes D-DD. Switch off phantom and connect the controller to it using the mini USB, make sure you plug it into the gumball and not the port on the front of the phantom. Once connected switch on Phantom and then the controller, wait 60 seconds and it should start to beep and the status light on the controller will go blue, when it has finished it will go green.

To check it has worked take out the SD card and put it into your PC when you open up the driver there should be some Text files, when opened they say "success".
yes unzipped the file on the card a few times, when i turn on the bird the cam does the b-bb. then i tryed usb cable from the gimbal to the controller, cam beeped for about ten minutes then stopped. never did get a blue light on the controller.

yes unzipped the file on the card a few times, when i turn on the bird the cam does the b-bb. then i tryed usb cable from the gimbal to the controller, cam beeped for about ten minutes then stopped. never did get a blue light on the controller.

put just the p3x file on the card no folder no pdf file just the p3x file and it will work

I had the same issue with the controller and this fixed it for both 1.6 and 1.8 updates on usb drive

Last edited:
Reactions: JayB

Ive done both updates and always had the blue light on the controller as per dji instruction sheet. Did you get the D-D-D-D for about ten minutes when the Phantom was updating.

Thanks guys. I got it now, just have to recharge batteries now after trying all morning.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic