Trying to repair after crash. Wiring to camera question

Reaction score
Hello all. I searched the forum and couldn't find my answer. I'm in great need of help. My friend and I bought a P3S together. First flight was great. I had researched everything. I'm precautious, so it went great. So the next day we were going to take it out again. I had to work so my buddy came to get it to go solo. About an hour later I get "THE" call. He had clipped a tree limb and crashed. The camera or gimbal did not break, just the damper and the wiring ribbon and there is a black and grey wire hanging out that I have no idea what they are or where they go to. This is what I need help with. I ordered what I thought was all the wiring and replacement parts from DJI, but I don't know what to do with the black and grey wires. I've already taken the top shell off of it and was able to replace the ribbon to the camera. The gimbal and camera "appear" to be ok. The wiring ribbon was completely ripped and the mysterious grey and black wires.. they don't appear ripped. If they were attached to something they were pulled out :(

Unfortunately, I wasn't there when the crash happened. He brought to me in two pieces. drone + gimbal. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hello all. I searched the forum and couldn't find my answer. I'm in great need of help. My friend and I bought a P3S together. First flight was great. I had researched everything. I'm precautious, so it went great. So the next day we were going to take it out again. I had to work so my buddy came to get it to go solo. About an hour later I get "THE" call. He had clipped a tree limb and crashed. The camera or gimbal did not break, just the damper and the wiring ribbon and there is a black and grey wire hanging out that I have no idea what they are or where they go to. This is what I need help with. I ordered what I thought was all the wiring and replacement parts from DJI, but I don't know what to do with the black and grey wires. I've already taken the top shell off of it and was able to replace the ribbon to the camera. The gimbal and camera "appear" to be ok. The wiring ribbon was completely ripped and the mysterious grey and black wires.. they don't appear ripped. If they were attached to something they were pulled out :(

Unfortunately, I wasn't there when the crash happened. He brought to me in two pieces. drone + gimbal. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Got some pictures??

This is what you need.. The wires plug in here..

a2-png.34599

Reactions: Paul Pollard
Thanks. I figured it out lastnight after finding this exact photo. Thank you. The wires had pull directly out of the posts but the connectors were undamaged. I was able to re-attach the wires to the post. I took it out for a test flight. First 10 minutes or so was good then I started dropping video signal. I think one or both wires maybe came lose from the wind. I was skeptical if they would stay. I think I will try the antenna mod in the other thread as well.

I can't find the link for the external antenna mod. I'd like to purchase one. Can someone point me in the right direct. (newb here)

I can't find the link for the external antenna mod. I'd like to purchase one. Can someone point me in the right direct. (newb here)
Search DBS Mod on the Forum-- all the information that you could possibly want to know is there.

I would be content with getting my stock antennas back attached without having to replace the wires or open that shell again. That was a pain. Ok thanks.

Thanks. I figured it out lastnight after finding this exact photo. Thank you. The wires had pull directly out of the posts but the connectors were undamaged. I was able to re-attach the wires to the post. I took it out for a test flight. First 10 minutes or so was good then I started dropping video signal. I think one or both wires maybe came lose from the wind. I was skeptical if they would stay. I think I will try the antenna mod in the other thread as well.
It is possible the reason you are dropping signal is because these are not just wires , they are shielded cables so to speak. There is a very small (thin) wire running down the middle that is the actual hook up. These cables are very cheap on Amazon , just bought a couple myself for a P3S I just bought from a guy who crashed it. I think when he saw what the repair cost would be he decided to sell and start over. But if you do the work yourself it's not so bad. I have seen a set of these antennas with cable attached for about 20 bucks on the net . Good luck , hope you get it going !

they are ur vidieo 2.4 gi antenna wire like the ones in ur rc control cost abt 18.00 what I need to know is what the bundle of grey wires do. I ran mine with the blackwire loose and grey one hook up was able to get vidieo for 1000 ft .I got to smart for my own good and tried to take parts from that one and put on 2 nd camera that the little connecter was not broke on so I could hook the black wire up, now it does not show vidieo and the camera does not do the little twisting action and go in postion. says hardware and gimbol roll need corrected. A guy on u tube shows a p3s torn down and these antennas being replaced, if I find his site again I will put it here. my camera does not hook up completely with the it is green 8 seconds then goes grey abt 15 second . I have no imu numbers,cant set the height and range, but can set the compass.Can u download the entire program off line for the p3s. Have delayed getting 2nd drone till this one fixed.

Last edited:
Search DBS Mod on the Forum-- all the information that you could possibly want to know is there.
Does anyone know if the connector for the antenna wires can be soldered to the wire or not? I have a connector that has pulled loose from the grey wire at the camera end. I really don't won't to open the body and replace the antenna. The connector crimp ends broke off so no way to crimp back on. It appears these are coax type wires that have a shield around the wire, so not sure what I can do.

593089CB-BB59-44AA-BAE3-765F4F53CD59.jpeg
Hi all, I am looking for some assistance.. I would greatly appreciate your expert feedback... one of the WiFi transmitter on my phantom 3 std gimbal board is not conmecting well... it’s kin fault for jamming the conm drone to hard... prob is the gimbals boards are not ‘in the money’ to justify puChasing...

I as wondering if anyone can help explain how I can get he connector connected without having to splurge on the board. See pic attached:

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20