Trying to install HDMI module on P4 controller

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to change the standard USB module to the HDMI version. I have no problem getting the white cover off with a 1.5MM hex wrench. The trouble is the three black Phillips screws that hold the circuit board in place. My #0 Phillips screwdriver just spins and does not make contact with the screw notch. Please help!

You can puchase a precision screewdriver set for about 10 to 15 dollars. I'm dont know the size you need, could be a #00. Get a good set because cheap one's tend to strip the screw. The size of philiips on dji is probbably metric like a 1.2 or 1.8 or 2mm metric has many sizes.

Reactions: MichaelS
What I really need is the exact tool I need to buy. Is it a JIS screwdriver? Anyone?

Last edited:
No,it's a Phillips. Do what Erised mentions - get a decent set of small screwdrivers. You will wonder how you survived adulthood without them.

NOTE OF CAUTION: do NOT over tighten the PCB mounting screws when you put it back together.... you will crack the screw /board mounting posts (ask me how I know!)

Thanks Guys! It turns out I had a very cheap set of screwdrivers. I bought a "precision" set for 4 bucks and all is well. :)

I'm sure you could fit a torx in there once or twice.....

I do it all the time if I forget to put on my magnifiers.

Not sure if you like using that "WIsh" website, but it's great for gadgets and what now, this is the micro tool set I got, and it was the best thing I ever got for working on my Phantom and my racing quads.

Wish | micro screwdriver

Also safely unlatch the ribbon cables, replace the cards, put back the cables and latch them again carefully.

Michael, I just installed my HDMI module and all I get is no connection to the rc. So yours works ok?

Last edited:
Michael, I just installed my HDMI module and all I get is no connection to the rc. So yours works ok?
Well with your fingers it is kind of difficult to plug in the long ribbon cable. I managed it with my fat fingers but you might want to use a pair of tweezers to hold that cable to make sure it is all of the way inserted into the connector. Also the skinny black cable on the right and the left side have to be connected too.

Yep done all that, even took the cover off to disconnect the hdmi port from the board and I got connection so the usb works but as soon as hdmi is connected it won't connect to the rc.

Yep done all that, even took the cover off to disconnect the hdmi port from the board and I got connection so the usb works but as soon as hdmi is connected it won't connect to the rc.
Ok, I got immediate success with the USB, but I have not hooked up the HDMI yet because I don't have the cable to reach my TV. I certainly hope it works. I will keep you posted.

Ok, I got immediate success with the USB, but I have not hooked up the HDMI yet because I don't have the cable to reach my TV. I certainly hope it works. I will keep you posted.
Alrighty then, I found a cable and the HDMI works perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4