Trying to hover super low over water???

Reaction score
Playing around with my P4 in a creek yesterday. I noticed that if I got within 2ft or so of the water it would just rise on its own a few ft instead of staying pretty close to water. Anyway to make this not happen? I assume that the camera on bottom is seeing the ripples in the water and tells it to rise. Trying to fly under a little hump back bridge that only has about a 6ft tall opening to go through. This bridge has a metal pipe for its underneath shape too btw. So I'm worried about the bird trying to rise as I pass under it because of the water too close and because of the metal roof bothering my RC just long enough to make it RTH. It would be under metal roof for about 12ft before it came out on the other side. Any help much appreciated!

Risky to attempt flying under anything. You will lose satellites. Even in ATTI, still a bit risky IMO. You can try turning off the sensors if you want to pursue that. Personally, I leave them off on my P3A.

Turn off VPS in the settings. This will disable to ultrasonic sensors hat attempt to maintain height from the ground when flying under 10 feet.

20160428_155329.jpg
You cant turn off vps on p4, i have done the tape teick to prevent drift, be very careful water and electronics dont mix ;)

So have you put the tape on to prevent drift over water or close to the ground period??

Mine did not drift when hovering or flying low over grass, but this helped with the low height water drift, at least you can still be in GPS mode and fly instead of ATTI over water.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20