Trying to download the .zip version of the DJI software...

Reaction score
Hello all.

I just got my PV2 and, based on the info I found by reading the "Battery warning" thread, I am trying to download the PV2 Vision Assistant and RC Assistant from
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

It has an option for ZIP and when I hover over it, it seems to indicate that it will download a zip version as opposed to the .exe one right next to it. But when I click on that link, it downloads the .exe file instead. I am on a Mac so I can't use this .exe file.

Does anyone know how I can get the Mac version of the software?

Thanks a lot.

Bo

Re: Trying to download the .zip version of the DJI software.

Dang! I had gotten a bad feeling about that by reading some other posts. But when saw that the DJI page offered a choice of .zip and .exe files, and that they did not say anything about PC only, I thought that they might have come to their senses. :cool:
Thank you Pull-Up.

Re: Trying to download the .zip version of the DJI software.

Thank you iDrone.

I wonder if there is someone in my area who has the software on a PC and is familiar with the procedure already. Maybe he/she would be kind enough for me to stop by and do the update. I'm in the south bay of Los Angeles.

Reading all the posts in the the "Battery warning" thread has made me more than a little nervous about this. Not being able to easily update the software without having to jump through a bunch of PC only hoops is pretty frustrating.

Is there at least a way to check what version of the firmware I currently have from a Mac? Maybe I'm lucky and mine already has that v1.05 I just received it yesterday. First flight was wonderful. But I hate to trust $1,200 to simply knocking on wood.

Thank you.

Bo.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4