Trying to decide to buy a Phantom 4

Reaction score
What does everybody's thoughts about the Phantom 4 over the Phantom 3 professional I'm thinking about buying a phantom 4 and like to know what some people think

Does the Phantom 4 include any features you require? You can find a list of new features added to the Phantom 4 here.

The phantom 3 pro or Advanced is my next drone... Now that they are getting attractively cheaper than the phantom 4.

I had a P3 pro and then bought a P4. The active track is very useful!
The video quality in my opinion is better also (more stable)

If you have the budget, the P4 is definitely the way to go!! Good luck!!

Reactions: chopperguy
For ~$100 more you're getting a Phantom 3 Pro but with a ton of new features, and also better video quality in my opinion. I bought a P4 refurb from DJI for less than a P3P and it has been working great so far.

Adding to previous comments - if one is considering upgrading from P3 to P4 - remember all the batteries, Chargers, ND filters, indeed pretty much all aftermarket items are different between models - IMHO in addition to AC feature comparison, compare cost of ownership / change too. Good luck I'm considering upgrading to P4 too [emoji12]

Reactions: DocDiggler
I also went from a P3A to a P4. I find it a major improvement wrt props (quick release), camera (UHD) and body (more robust). You can buy them fairly good priced. You could also consider a P4P or P4A, but it will cost you a lot more.

I also went from a P3A to a P4. I find it a major improvement wrt props (quick release), camera (UHD) and body (more robust). You can buy them fairly good priced. You could also consider a P4P or P4A, but it will cost you a lot more.
I agree, the step up from the P3A is huge. The redundant compass and IMU are alone worth the upgrade. With my old P3A I constantly struggled with those pesky compass error issues. Never had one incident with the P4. The range is the same (one mile here in Europe).

Get a phantom 4 refurb min came and it flies perfictley im soo pleased with it. I upgraded from a p3s so its nice to have vps etc and the rage so i would say the phantom 4

The p3 is back in production on sale in Oz at 899. but with only 500m distance, I bought the p4 though. I am waiting for a clear day for first flight. cheers

Contact Built Drones and get some professional help, they helped me decide best way to go for what I was doing! Wasn't disappointed with my decision after.
Don't you work for Built Drones? Seems a bit dishonest to pretend you're a customer.

Reactions: Loz and elhefe4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan