Trying to decide between the p2v+, p2v and the p2…

Reaction score

I have heard tales that the p2v+ has a fragile gimble and is expensive to fix.
The p2v looks to be good, I haven’t seen any complaints on it so far, but I am sure there are some
I don’t mind buying the p2 and a go pro black, from what I understand I will get better image quality this way.

Really want a fpv, not sure I can get that (easily) with the p2+gopro, but I could be wrong. The gps and fail safe home return is a must.

anyone have any words of wisdom?

currently I have nothing and am starting from scratch.

my plan is when I get what ever I decide, I will fly it around about 10-20ft up, to gain experience in flight.

Hello,
The P2V+
5.8GHz Tx, 2.4GHz wifi
BEAUTIFUL pics and video VERY stable, but gimbal is EXTREMELY
FRAGILE! But you can remove gimbal, learn to fly, reattach gimbal
When confident, with your piloting skills! All in 1 kit!

P2V
5.8GHz Tx, 2.4GHz wifi
Extremely tough in a crash, beautiful video/pics not very stable
Image as only has 1 axis gimbal ( up/down ) all in 1 kit!

P2
2.4GHz Tx , 5.8GHz wifi
You'll need FPV SETUP, gimbal ( H3-2d, or H3-3d ) 2 or 3 axis gimbal
Also need go-pro! Not all in 1 kit.

Hope this helps!

I have a P2V and love it, saving for the P2V+! Can't wait!

Take care, Fly safe!

Very helpful, thanks Jerry!! currently im leaning toward the p2v. I am not looking for professional grade images and video, but good quality is always a plus!!

is it safe to assume that on the p2v, the camera and gimble is removable? where does it stor the images and video? SD card im assuming.

please excuse the noobe questions, but I look to you guys as experts!

Also, I am an electronic engineer and have developed many circuit boards. does the unit have any extra IO for fun things like dropping parachute army men, or adding extra lights, etc... ? or is this something I should avoid?

Yes the gimbal on the P2V is removable
To fly without it. The video/pics are stored on SD
CARD in camera housing, and can be transferred wirelessly
To smart device. Unfortunately no extra channel for dropping things
You could possibly remove gimbal, and use that channel
X1 to a micro servo drop device? But I could not be much help
In that area, as I have never messed with X1 before!
But sounds like a cool idea, to drop parachute guys or something?

Good luck to you and hope to see you here soon as a fellow
Pilot! Keep us informed!

Ps: I think you will love the P2V. Takes great shots, not as stable as the P2V+ but DEFINATELY
High quality otherwise! Some shots from the P2V+ VIDEO FEED, look like a still picture, crazy stability!
With the P2V you get a superman flying sort of effect, which I find really neat, almost as if you were flying around
In the sky, banking turns, ect, where the P2V+ you get a LEVEL SHOT, even when
Banking a turn ( there is a setting to get superman pov ) like the vision non plus!
I'm just scared of that FRAGILE gimbal $700 repair if destroyed! You would have a
Hard time wrecking the non plus vision camera, very bulky and strong!

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot, I have had my P2V for a little less than a week now and flow about 4-5 time, LOVE IT!!! thanks for the great advice!!!!!

mtsoule said:
J Dot, I have had my P2V for a little less than a week now and flow about 4-5 time, LOVE IT!!! thanks for the great advice!!!!!

****, a bit late here ...

Even as a total beginner leave room for upgradeability. At first you are glad you have a drone, but then the more you learn to use it the more you may want out of it. the non vision would have been that platform. more future proof, better camera (gopro 3+) and gimbal (3D) and for FPV whatever kit you like, screen/goggles or both.

Initially it might all be intimidating and of course out of the box stuff is better for a beginner, but give it a few weeks and it's not so scary anymore.

I'm trying to decide as well... I had a Blade 350QX, so I already have a GoPro 3 Black, but I like the idea of the FPV so I'm thinking one of the prewired Phantom cameras might be a better way to go. I also didn't have any kind of gimbal, so I'm trying to learn about them too.

Is the gimbal on the p2v+ comparable to the h3-3d?

Assuming I went with the P2 and a H3-3D gimbal, would I have the ability to tilt and/or pan the camera from the ground? (the best I understand, the P2V+ gives that ability)

Is the P2V and P2V+ camera the same?

Why is the P2V+ so much more stable than the P2V? Do you just mean the video is more stable (assuming that's because of the camera and/or gimbal), or do you mean the quad is more stable?

Has anyone around here flown both the P2 and the Blade 350? Wondering how different it is..

rctoyguy said:
I'm trying to decide as well... I had a Blade 350QX, so I already have a GoPro 3 Black, but I like the idea of the FPV so I'm thinking one of the prewired Phantom cameras might be a better way to go. I also didn't have any kind of gimbal, so I'm trying to learn about them too.

Is the gimbal on the p2v+ comparable to the h3-3d?

Assuming I went with the P2 and a H3-3D gimbal, would I have the ability to tilt and/or pan the camera from the ground? (the best I understand, the P2V+ gives that ability)

Is the P2V and P2V+ camera the same?

Why is the P2V+ so much more stable than the P2V? Do you just mean the video is more stable (assuming that's because of the camera and/or gimbal), or do you mean the quad is more stable?

Has anyone around here flown both the P2 and the Blade 350? Wondering how different it is..

Hello ( TP2 )
Yes, the gimbals ( P2V+ / HD-3d ) are relatively the same,
Both are ( 3 axis ) gimbals. The P2V+ gimbal is upgradeable,
Not sure if the HD-2/3d gimbals are upgradeable?
All are VERY stable
( some VIDEO on the P2v+ look like still shots, has caught me SEVERAL
times, wondering if video FROZE? But no, it is REALLY that still!
Absolutely AMAZING! ) you have to see to believe, and appreciate it!
Truely unreal!

The HD-3d gimbal can do all the stuff the plus can do,
Look straight down, pan, tilt, pivot, ect! Only real difference
Is the camera, go-pro versus DJI.
( now that DJI has added RAW format to its cameras
You have full editing control, the new cameras are Very high
Quality, for a ready to fly kit ) these are not crappy cameras.
The shoot full 1080p HD.

The vision / vision plus cameras are very different, same capabilities
But different in other ways. Shape, size, resolution, mega pixel, ect.
P2V+ is the better of the 2 ( If you ask me )

The P2V+ has a more stable image! The craft is essentially the same,
Just got more range with the plus. In other words if you removed the cameras
On a P2V & P2V+, I don't think you would tell any significant difference, but the
P2V+ will fly nearly twice as far as the vision non-plus.

As far as the Blade versus phantom, I cannot help you,
As I have no experience with the blade craft! SORRY!

I will say this ( my 6 yr old flies my phantom ) under STRICT
SUPERVISION!!!!!!!! But he flies it PERFECTLY! I started with Me
Taking off, gaining some altitude, then I had him fly patterns, and waypoints.
Then I'd land it! ( to be safe ) but now HE TAKES OFF, flies, and lands himself!
I still do all the preflight checks, compass calibrations, ect!
But moral is, if my 6 ( nearly 7 now ) yr old can fly well, and stable, as well as take-off
And land, ANYONE CAN FLY THESE THINGS!

They can be SOOOOOO much fun, but be safe, they can be dangerous!

Take care, Fly safe!

The P2 has full support for the Ground Station app which is much better than the waypoint feature in the V+ app. I don't think you'll regret getting either the P2 with zenmuse and gopro or the V+

I have the P2V, and man this thing can handle crashes pretty well, I had a crash where the camera went flying off, I changed the props re-connected the cam, did the compass cal and it was up and flying gain. I'm just waiting for the Rotorpixel gimbal to come in. I think the P2V with the New Rotorpixel gimbal is the way to go, inexpensive and durable w/FPV..

What I've heard about PV2+ is that its gimbal is easy to break. Some have said that you dont need to even crash, but a hard landing may break it.

In the other hand if your interested on owning an Phantom for video production purposes (if Phantom is even enough for that) I would surely go for non-vision model as the GoPro is superb. If the upcoming GoPro 4 is compatible with GoPro 3 mounts etc... it makes owning regular Phantom with Zenmuse a easy choice. I shoot my aerial videos in 2.7k (25fps) and with GoPro4 you can shoot 4k in 30fps. And the difference of bitrates between GoPro and Vision cameras are huge.

I had a similar crash today were the camera disconnect from both cables, and 3 of the 4 support to the gimbal, and the battery also came out. Thank God I opt for the P2V and not the P2 with the Zenmuse; I'm pretty sure it will not stand that crash. After the crash and the reassemble the bird flew like nothing has happened, and with no marks. Incredible!

mtsoule said:

I have heard tales that the p2v+ has a fragile gimble and is expensive to fix.
The p2v looks to be good, I haven’t seen any complaints on it so far, but I am sure there are some
I don’t mind buying the p2 and a go pro black, from what I understand I will get better image quality this way.

Really want a fpv, not sure I can get that (easily) with the p2+gopro, but I could be wrong. The gps and fail safe home return is a must.

anyone have any words of wisdom?

currently I have nothing and am starting from scratch.

my plan is when I get what ever I decide, I will fly it around about 10-20ft up, to gain experience in flight.
Hi. I get the P2V and my first and only crash in the third fly were from about 10 feet high. With the little experience I had I think it is safer to fly a little higher. :) And believe me the Vision non plus is the way to go if you want a hard and reliable all inclusive package.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj