Trying out some photospheres with my Phantom 3.

I think that's quite fun, and I like it, but I find it a little dark in places. I usually point the camera down until there's only a small strip of sky because otherwise the brightness of the clouds causes the autoexposure to darken the land too much.

I've been experimenting with taking photospheres with my Phantom 3. Here's an early attempt, very pleased with how it works so far! It's particularly nice viewing them using Google Cardboard's photosphere viewer.

https://plus.google.com/+StephenCoyle1/posts/boGzgxFwucm
Can you explain a little more about how you created this photosphere? I see that you stated:

It's just made by rotating the phantom and taking photos in every direction, then creating a panorama in Photoshop, and finally using the photosphere web tool to make them into a photosphere.

Who's "photosphere web tool" did you use? Googles? A link to the tool that you used would be great. I'm specifically interested in posting to Google's photosphere gallery. Have you successfully done that? Thx.

Can you explain a little more about how you created this photosphere? I see that you stated:

It's just made by rotating the phantom and taking photos in every direction, then creating a panorama in Photoshop, and finally using the photosphere web tool to make them into a photosphere.

Who's "photosphere web tool" did you use? Googles? A link to the tool that you used would be great. I'm specifically interested in posting to Google's photosphere gallery. Have you successfully done that? Thx.
The tool I used seems to be offline now. I'm not sure what alternatives there are, but you basically need some kind of tool to add the relevant metadata to a panorama photo.

Reactions: stephenjdc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20