Tryed flying advanced indoors just for test

Reaction score
It was so unstable I don't understand ? Though it had sensors for flying indoors I clipped the wall nothing happened thank god. Any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Hotwire
:eek: These stories always end the same way and it's never good. :D

Reactions: Wibble
yep keep it outdoors don't fly inside so you will have it for a long time to enjoy

The VPS can work suprisingly well within altitude limits providing you are over a surface with sufficent detail and contrast (tiles being an example that comes to mind). In other scenarios you need a high level of familiarity with the AC performance characteristics and response to stick inputs. The luxury of time to consciously ponder your next move often isnt in your favour. Practice outside in atti mode if indoor flight is your thing.

Reactions: Jesse James
I "tried" hard, not to laugh...
If flying indoors is your choice, buy yourself some snap-on prop guards. ;-)
Keep the cat, out of the room. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I had hard times trying to fly my parrot AR drone 2.0 indoors (it has the same "VPS" technology of the Phantom), and even with its indoor hull I was able to cause some damages around.
I bet my floor is not suited for VPS.
Now, the AR drone was light and soft.
Since then, I NEVER tryied to lift off my P3 indoors... and I will NEVER do, not in my house. I just don't want to discover if it's VPS it's better of that of Parrot... or not. Not against my house's walls...

How big is the room? In a small room, or even a typical living room, the airflow generated by the rotors will bounce against the floor and walls, and create a very turbulent environment. If VPS cant properly 'lock' on to your floor (for instance, shiny floor), bad things will happen.

Moreover, any multirotor has a tendency to get sucked towards walls and ceilings. Try it with one of those $15 nano quads, fly it close to the ceiling and suddenly it will stick to it even with reduced throttle. Same with walls (except that it wont stick :) ).

So flying something as relatively large as a phantom indoors; should be fine a sports hall, but not your bedroom.

Flying inside can work in a large area such as a gymnasium, etc.. but you must be able to fly the bird well in atti mode and get some height quickly to prevent prop wash/ wind turbulence as it will take a moment to process data from the vision positioning system to help maintain height. The prop turbulence will kick the bird sideways especially in a smaller area and it will definitely help redecorate the room and make its mark on the walls [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gosports1
You can buy smaller drones, more suitable for indoor flight.
Gotta love these BNF.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I "tried" hard, not to laugh...
If flying indoors is your choice, buy yourself some snap-on prop guards. ;-)
Keep the cat, out of the room. Ha

RedHotPoker
hahahah I wrote this late lastnight just re read I started laughing.

How big is the room? In a small room, or even a typical living room, the airflow generated by the rotors will bounce against the floor and walls, and create a very turbulent environment. If VPS cant properly 'lock' on to your floor (for instance, shiny floor), bad things will happen.

Moreover, any multirotor has a tendency to get sucked towards walls and ceilings. Try it with one of those $15 nano quads, fly it close to the ceiling and suddenly it will stick to it even with reduced throttle. Same with walls (except that it wont stick :) ).

So flying something as relatively large as a phantom indoors; should be fine a sports hall, but not your bedroom.
Think your write have a average size living room but the wing this thing generates is unreal.

I fly indoors all the time. I wonder if the Wifi network can be any problem.... probably not since it's a very different frequency.
Actually, home wifi uses the same 2.4GHz & 5GHz frequencies that many quads use.

Interesting. What's the diffrnce then ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues