Try litchi for fun?

Reaction score
Hello, can I install this app:
Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play

And connect it with my p3p and try follow me for fun? Then go back to the dji pilot go afterwards?
Maybe I can switch between them?

I have the newest firmware on p3p, remote and batteries.

Best regards, thanks in advance:)

Hello, can I install this app:
Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play

And connect it with my p3p and try follow me for fun? Then go back to the dji pilot go afterwards?
Maybe I can switch between them?

I have the newest firmware on p3p, remote and batteries.

Best regards, thanks in advance:)
No. This app only works in concert with the litchi missions app. It allows the drone to follow the phone with the leash app rather than the controller. I highly recommend the litchi missions app, though.

Okay can I install litchi missions app with no worries. And I can go back to the pilot app from dji?
I will only proceed with this if its sure that there will be no problems going back o the pilot dji go app...
Link for downloading the litchi thing for android? or IOs, I can use both..

Litchi is in beta. You can join the beta by buyingthe existing litchi (for p2) on the google play store and by asking the developer to join the beta group. There is an existing thread here with full instructions (search for litchi). You will need to upgrade to DJI's beta firmware with SDK to get full functionality.

You can go back and forth between it and dji go - in fact, you need to as the beta version doesn't have camera settings embedded, yet - it pulls from the last dji go settings. The only warning here is that dji won't let both apps run at the same time, so you may have to shut everything down and restart between using the two apps (ie., can't flip back and forth consecutively).

I would suggest reading through the alpha testing page thoroughly. It is a fantastic app with great features - but it will require some study and the documentation for it is still being written

So we all should do it, no worries? I`ll try to find the instructions and set it up. How long time does it take to set it up?
One thing out of many I don`t understand, do I have to upgrade the p3p with a litchi software thing, upload some file to the sd card and insert it to the p3p?

@DJJI Litchi is a great app but there is currently no documentation. That said there is going to be a long learning curve and lots of reading to do on the Litchi testers group.

If you have time to dedicate to messing around then I think you will enjoy the app. If not, I would just wait till next week and play with the new DJI app.

Reactions: SENC
okay, I try to find some videos on youtube, but I don`t find very much.
Why haven`t people uploaded videos on youtube if it`s a popular app that works great?

There are a few but not anything you are going to learn much from. With the P3 is just switched from Alpha testing stage to Beta testing about 4 or 5 days ago. Its a great app and the best in its class in my opinion.

Just did not want to think you were going to fire it up and go as there is no manual yet and its going to take some work.

You may or may not have time for that.

Glad Rich picked up where I left off. If you have the time to read and study AND are ok with the inherent risks of beta firmware and software AND groundstation waypoints and advanced follow me and orbit features are important to you, then you will love litchi. But read a bit first and be sure. If the upcoming features from DJI sound like they'll meet your needs and desires, waiting may be best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31