True story

Reaction score
A good friend was interested in seeing me and my Phantom fly, so I invited him over to the house. After a short walk we arrived at the launch spot, just outside a 400 acre wooded, mountainous land preserve.

Weather was good and took off without incident. Let her hover at about 30 feet when I turned to talk to my friend. In what couldn't have been more than 10 seconds, I look up...and can't find my bird. Not only have I lost site of it, I can't hear it either. Gone.

Quickly, I give it throttle to keep from crashing, wherever it may be. Still no sign. I push forward, back and side to side knowing it will show up soon. But it doesn't.

Not 2 minutes into the lost flight, an F-16 blows in out of nowhere right over my head. Didn't see or hear it until already past me at an altitude likely under 400 feet. Oh ****, that got my attention!

How high did I send the Phantom earlier in my panic? Search me. Left FPV at home for some reason. Good news is that I did not hear or see a fireball in the distance.

Still no sign of the quad, until a minute or two later when she magically appeared directly over my head.

Sigh of relief.

Then I woke up, heart pounding, slathered in a sweat.

True story. My first Phanightmare.

best advice I can give now is...if you want to fly, then fly and pay attention. If you want to chat with your friend, land the Phantom and find a park bench to talk.

Reactions: claws
Might want to read the fine print, Monte55.;) Something like this could only happen in my dreams...

Having said that, a Chinook flew directly over my head at about 1000 feet this morning . No Phantom in the air at the time and I was wide awake.

Last edited:
A good friend was interested in seeing me and my Phantom fly, so I invited him over to the house. After a short walk we arrived at the launch spot, just outside a 400 acre wooded, mountainous land preserve.

Weather was good and took off without incident. Let her hover at about 30 feet when I turned to talk to my friend. In what couldn't have been more than 10 seconds, I look up...and can't find my bird. Not only have I lost site of it, I can't hear it either. Gone.

Quickly, I give it throttle to keep from crashing, wherever it may be. Still no sign. I push forward, back and side to side knowing it will show up soon. But it doesn't.

Not 2 minutes into the lost flight, an F-16 blows in out of nowhere right over my head. Didn't see or hear it until already past me at an altitude likely under 400 feet. Oh ****, that got my attention!

How high did I send the Phantom earlier in my panic? Search me. Left FPV at home for some reason. Good news is that I did not hear or see a fireball in the distance.

Still no sign of the quad, until a minute or two later when she magically appeared directly over my head.

Sigh of relief.

Then I woke up, heart pounding, slathered in a sweat.

True story. My first Phanightmare.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
..Good one, had me going there for a sec !
Try laying off the snacks before ya go to bed ;)

Ya got me, thanks for the laugh.

Ya Got Em Good.gif

Aren't dreams fun? ;-)

Now go get some REM, and call me in the morning!! Hahaha

BTW, That was a nice ending, to a horror story...

RedHotPoker

Surely I'm not the only one who has had a memorable dream about flying their Phantoms. Did it end in disaster or just start out that way?;)

Jesus... I usually dream about Angelina Jolie... (it usually ends with a crash and burn... but I still wake up with my heart pounding and slathered in sweat...)

angelina-jolie-workout1.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Jesus... I usually dream about Angelina Jolie... (it usually ends with a crash and burn... but I still wake up with my heart pounding and slathered in sweat...)

angelina-jolie-workout1.jpg
:D Yep

Was that pre-op AJ or post-op AJ? ;-)

Sadly, She had her crash pads removed...

RedHotPoker

I didn't say anything about wet dreams, boys :D. If it weren't illegal and stupid my Phantom would be a member of the mile high club.

I didn't say anything about wet dreams, boys :D. If it weren't illegal and stupid my Phantom would be a member of the mile high club.
Ahaaaa keep that down will ya.jpg
Don't say Phantom and mile high in the same sentence as it will start a riot in here !! :eek:
;):D

Eh, sooo How was your weekend?

Oh, it was a regular Riot!!

No, nothing like the bikers brawl in Texas, that was crazy!
9 dead and over a hundred arrested...
Stay clear of Twin Peaks boys... Just saying...

Brad Pitt is sure a lucky fellow, eh...?
He don't mind, none.

RedHotPoker

Now she's got store bought. And not right off the "rack" either, I'd wager. Custom jubblies. And I'll bet they're spectacular...

heidi%20boobs%201%20nov07.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31