True or False? FAA numbers.

Reaction score
Is it true or false that if someone found a drone with FAA numbers on it, the numbers cannot be looked up online or by calling the FAA to find out who the rightful owner is?

If you are over 12, you can hack their system. You can bet the FAA is a bad as the rest of the government in securing data.
I bet you can go to police station and file charges the drone damaged your property and demand the identity also. Just like they do for IP identities.

Hmm, just went to the FAA web pages and looked up my registration number as a normal public person.

Came right up.

AD

Hmm, just went to the FAA web pages and looked up my registration number as a normal public person.

Came right up.

AD

Do you have a link, please? I'm looking right at the page and don't see where to enter the #s.

Do you have a link, please? I'm looking right at the page and don't see where to enter the #s.

Hmm, I see the problem. I have my P4 registered as an aircraft and that's the number (the "N" number) that is freely searchable.

Sorry for the confusion.

AD

Hmm, I see the problem. I have my P4 registered as an aircraft and that's the number (the "N" number) that is freely searchable.

Sorry for the confusion.

AD
Yes the N# is indeed searchable. I haven't checked to see if the Commercial Non N# is also searchable as opposed to the hobby/registration #'s.

Yes the N# is indeed searchable. I haven't checked to see if the Commercial Non N# is also searchable as opposed to the hobby/registration #'s.
I put my UAS number in in place of the N number and it didn't come up with results and said it was invalid. I also tried a search on my last name and a bunch of aircraft came up with the same last name but not my UAS.

Actually there is a spreadsheet with all faa registrations by state and city. 76 in my zip code which is more than I would have thought. It's just summary data and it looks like the answer to the public looking up faa numbers is no.

FAA Releases Drone Registration Location Data

The Excel file linked on that page hasn't been updated since last May. I think there have been a few more drones sold since then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj