Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

True Green TV advertisement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerry T., Mar 29, 2016.

1. Jerry T.

Just saw a True Green lawn care commercial on TV that infuriated me.
    It shows a family sitting in their yard you can hear a drone flying nearby. The jerk sends a hawk aloft to attack the drone. The drone crashes into the neighbors yard (on opposite side of fence)
    I have emailed this response to True Green as this commercial encourages the destruction of someone's drone.

"Just watched one of your commercials showing someone using a bird to attach a drone. I condemn your company for promoting sch illegal activity.
    According to the FAA they control the use of airspace in the USA. It is not illegal to fly a drone. And nobody has the right to destroy someone else's property.
    Your advertisement promotes the idea that it is ok to destroy someone else's property. Having that Hawk attack and cause the drone to crash is illegal. I have a drone similar to the one in your advertisement. It cost about $1000.00. A crash like shown in your advertisement could destroy it.
    Wouldn't it have been more neighborly for that jerk in your advertisement to go over to the fence and talk to his neighbor if he did not wish someone flying over their property?
    And since the drone fell into the neighbor's yard I would argue that the neighbor was flying over his own property any ways.
    I demand you remove this advertisement from TV.
    I will also post this information on many websites and report it to the FAA"

I encourage all of you to call or write True Green to let them know you do not support this type of illegal activity that their commercial encourages.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Jerry T.

Here is link to commercial:

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

There are many things shown on TV that one should never do. How is this any different?

4. flpholt

true green sucks any ways they spray water on lawns and say they fertilized charge 650 a year for treatments bunch of crooks . p. s I own lawn and landscaping company and get many calls from people not happy with true green

5. garykeithmead1

Good for you.

6. N017RW

7. eaglegoaltender

Well Jerry - I hear ya - however, now that your posting this on "many websites" - your probably playing right into their hands and giving them lots of free advertising....

Hmmmm also shows the drone guy making us look bad by flying over his neighbors property - don't cha think (if I was to complain at all - which I wouldn't - it would be directed towards the advertisers showing illegal drone and flying making us look bad)?

Jerry, Jerry - its only a commercial, relax - lol - and in "real life" that's probably what would happen........if a guy was flying irresponsibly.

Hmmm - doesn't look like it fell in his yard Jer - looks more like it was thrown back over the fence into the drone guys yard....

Note: I hear what your saying - "poor choice of props" (pun intended) for that advertisement.........but not likely anything the FAA or anyone is going to do anything about it. Save yourself Jer - keep the BP down and forget about it...........there are a ton of poor commercials out there for ever product imaginable.

Safe flying - stay away from any neighbors yard and watch out for that hawk...........

EDIT: Many thanks for your Air Force service!

8. Phantom fool

Just tell them you will never use their service again because of it.

Then follow through on your threat

It's a pirates life for me

9. TWP723

As the popularity continues to rise with drones, so will the negativity. Unfortunately.

10. launchpad26

Funny thing is that there is most likely a forum for Hawk owners somewhere who have a thread just like this arguing over the unethical captivity of Hawks and training them to attack drones for commercials...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Othan1 likes this.
  11. NormanNormal

Another thing that pisses me off about this is it promotes the misconception that "drones" are used only for spying on people and annoying them. Look how the pilot is leering and sneaking around behind the fence. Like his only purpose is to secretly watch his neighbors. Which he is failing at pretty hard. He would have a lot more luck with a telephoto lens from around the corner.

12. Air Ontario

I wouldn't spray their poison on the lawn for the kids to roll around in anyway.

13. Jerry T.

I really cannot understand the purpose of this commercial. It does little or nothing o promote their lawn care service. It is basically a put down on drone flying and a lesson on how to be a poor neighbor.

NormanNormal likes this.
  14. msinger

Approved Vendor

Like any commercial, the goal is to get people to talk about them. I think this one is working well ;)

eaglegoaltender and BigAl07 like this.
  15. Jerry T.

Yeah I'll talk about it but it won't be anything good for their product!

16. NormanNormal

Pretty much the same as all the commercials that are put downs on men that make us all look like buffoons. Men and drone hobbiests are the only "safe" demographic they can make fun of because they known we wont complain or have some group go after them.

eaglegoaltender likes this.
  17. 0DRK3RT

Hilarious. Of course they had to use the "creepy neighbor behind a fence" shtick.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

NormanNormal likes this.