Troubleshooting Wifi Module

Reaction score
Greetings,
My P2V+ took a dip in the drink. Everything is pretty much back to full function except I cannot connect with the app. No telemetry data, no accessing the SD card, nothing. The module itself throws off the usual heat. Before I drop $200 on this part I'd like to know it is the real culprit and not something silly or cheaper (e.g. main board).

Is there anyway to see with a computer if the module is throwing off a signal? Has anyone experienced similar symptoms when it wasn't the wifi-module?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

You can download a free wifi scanner, not sure which is best but seem to remember using the inssider one a few years ago.
Not sure you'd need to though, it should appear in the wifi list of a laptop or wifi enabled computer.
A lot of the things you are missing are located in the camera base plate I think.
Are the cables securely connected and not corroded or anything from the water?

4wd said:
Not sure you'd need to though, it should appear in the wifi list of a laptop or wifi enabled computer.
Are the cables securely connected and not corroded or anything from the water?

My MacBook picks up the extender when it's turned on but it doesn't detect anything that could be coming from the module. The cables are securely connected. The entire gimbal assembly was immediately put into an airtight jar completely covered with rice for several days. The boards also got a coating of electronics cleaner.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj