Troubleshooting power drain after takeoff

Reaction score
Problem:
After take off, one foot airborne, I have a battery power drain and fail safe mode goes active. Prior to startup the battery is full. At idle, battery still reading above 3.95. Then lift off and I get a power drain, indicated by external battery meter and dji goes into safe mode. I removed the props and applied full power while dji phantom 1 remains on the ground and no power drain occurs.

Tested:
Multiple batteries
Ensured props installed correctly
Reviewed internal wiring and nothing appears disconnected.
Nothing added to system providing additional weight (gimbal, fpv, gopro) when problem occurs

Need help trying to determine what might be happening.

This started occurring after a crash

Thanks

I remember having issues with very short flight time when the batteries were cold when powering my phantom. Not sure if this may apply to your case.

Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm struggling with the exact same problem. I've signed up to this forum hoping to find some help and tips.

I have the same symptoms. After takeoff the LED flashes red rapidly and continuously, and after a few seconds failsafe mode kicks in and the phantom lands.

I have a cheap goodluckbuy gimbal installed, with pitch control hooked up and adjusted by and extra lever I've added to the controller. I've tried disconnecting the pitch control, the power to the gimbal, tried several different batteries, everything I can think of.

Hopefully I haven't missed something obvious. I'm very new to this. Thanks in advance!

Something like this happened to me a while back and someone posted back to me advising me to ensure that I was inserting the battery's balance lead into the correct slot when charging, I have done this every time when charging my battery's and have never had the problem again....so possibly something to ensure you are doing correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4